If only...

Intrepidation

Was surfing the web and came across spyshots of a Honda Crosstour mule/prototype. It's very sad that the prototype looks much, much better than the finished product.

post-1757-126524553537.jpg

2010_honda_accord-crosstour_f34_ns_2_717.jpg

Seriously, what the hell happened?

:Edit:

Upon closer inspection it looks like the back of it may be photoshopped. Not sure. Nevertheless, the point remains that had it looked like that, it would actually be a pretty good looking wagon...not the monstrosity we got.

I agree with Dodgefan. That top Crosstour, even if photoshopped, is much more attractive than the one we got..... just to quell those who would suggest that we've only been hating on Honda's latest designs because they are a Honda.

The reason it looks good is because it's using the body of a Euro Accord wagon. It is not a photoshop. It is very common for Honda to test mules with cut-up bodies of previous vehicles. You can find spyshots of mules for most vehicles, including the canceled NSX/GT car (first spied as a cut-up S2000), current MDX (first spied with a Pilot body and covered front end), current Pilot (first spied with last gen Pilot body and current gen nose grafted on), etc etc etc.

Luckily, the TSX Wagon has been confirmed for the US market and should be showing up in 2011 (or 2010 as a 2011 MY, not sure).

The reason it looks good is because it's using the body of a Euro Accord wagon. It is not a photoshop. It is very common for Honda to test mules with cut-up bodies of previous vehicles. You can find spyshots of mules for most vehicles, including the canceled NSX/GT car (first spied as a cut-up S2000), current MDX (first spied with a Pilot body and covered front end), current Pilot (first spied with last gen Pilot body and current gen nose grafted on), etc etc etc.

Luckily, the TSX Wagon has been confirmed for the US market and should be showing up in 2011 (or 2010 as a 2011 MY, not sure).

But will you at least concede our point that we're not hating on the CR-Z just because it's a Honda?

The CR-Z really is that ghastly. It's easily Aztec bad. Had it remained true to the concept version, I couldn't say that.

I'll be in Chicago next week and I'm sure the CR-Z will be there. I can take more pics if you want.