The New Orleans Saints Superbowl Drinking Game

Satty

Linkypoo

From pyromaniac.com:

1. Every time they mention Hurricane Katrina, drink 1

2. If they show pictures of the City of New Orleans right after Katrina, drink 1

3. Every time they say how much the Saints mean to the City of New Orleans, drink 1

4. Every time the words "tragedy", "flood", or "devastation" are used, drink 1

5. Every time they talk about how good Reggie Bush was in college, drink 3

6. If they show Kim Kardashian in the stands, drink 5

7. Every time they show a picture of Reggie Bush with a bat or say "bringing the wood", drink for 5 seconds

8. Every time Reggie Bush gets negative yardage trying to run around in the backfield making jukes and outrun the defense, drink 1 and turn to the person next to you and say "I told you Vince Young should have won the Heisman"

9. Every time Reggie Bush gets up and flexes his arms in that pose he likes to do, drink 1

10. If they mention Tim Tebow for any reason, funnel a beer

11. Every time they say that "it's destiny for the Saints to win", drink 1

12. If they show footage of Katrina survivors at the Superdome, take a shot of cheap liquor

13. If they call Saints fans the most passionate fans in football, drink 1

14. If they say that the Saints, Saints fans, or the CIty of New Orleans "deserve" a Superbowl victory, drink 1

15. Every time they say how good of a story the Saints are, drink 1

16. If Jeremy Shockey pretends to be hurt after dropping a pass, drink 2

17. If they mention the Bears beating the Saints in 2006 to get to the Superbowl, cry and remember when our team was good and we had a chance to win a championship… then shotgun a beer

18. Every time they mention Drew Brees as the Mardi Gras King, drink 1

19. Every time they show Archie Manning, drink 1 and mention how bad he sucked as a player. If they show old footage of him on the Saints, drink 5. If they mention how tough of a decision it was for him as for whom to cheer for, drink 10

20. Every time they show a Saints fan yelling "Who dat!" or a sign/shirt saying the same, drink 1

Other Rules Not Involving Saints:

1. Every time they show Eli Manning in the press box, drink 1

2. Every time Pierre Garçon is mentioned with Haiti, drink 1

3. If Brett Favre is mentioned for any reason, drink 1

Not about the drinking part...

...but the actual Super Bowl.

Good going, New Orleans. No real loyalties since I don't geographically identify with either team, but what a shot in the arm for New Orleans. Actually, as a kid, I thought New Orleans had one of the best team logos, but that was about it.

I watched the first quarter and thought it would pave the way for the rest of the game. I then went to the last Mass(!) (Pacific Time) and came back and it was the 3rd quarter. Indianapolis was still ahead. At that point, I thought the game would play itself out in the same manner.

I did chores for about another hour and then went on-line to see 31-17. Unbelievable.