Do you like the show?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the show?

• 1) Yes
    • 2) Sort of
    • 4) Not Really
    • 5) No
    • 6) Hate it

Even though it's rude, crude, and offensive, this show is hilarious to me.

My favourite character is Toot, the Betty Boop one.

Her voice reminds me of one of my friends.

2) Sort of

Simpsons, South Park & Family Guy are muhc better.

I don't know about South Park, it seems even worse to me. Maybe that's just the animation quality though, hehe. The others I enjoy as well.

South Park is much more topical. Because of their quick turnaround times, they can make comments on the latest news.

Drawn Together makes more comments on entertainment and general society than specific situations. The recent show about burying entertainment (specifically animated) history hit a sore spot for me.

I've always enjoyed animation and collect it. It took me the longest time to find an animated short called "Coal Black and the Sebben Dwarfs" because it is, in retrospect, a racist film. But it was listed among the 50 greatest cartoons of all time and I had to own it. It's a bad quality recording and I would love to purchase it, restored, on DVD.

Other entertaining animated shows (in addition to South Park, Simpsons, Family Guy, and Drawn Together) are Robot Chicken (stop-motion), Boondocks (even though I'm not a fan of Amine), and Futurama (some of the best animation on TV).

I've always enjoyed animation and collect it. It took me the longest time to find an animated short called "Coal Black and the Sebben Dwarfs" because it is, in retrospect, a racist film. But it was listed among the 50 greatest cartoons of all time and I had to own it. It's a bad quality recording and I would love to purchase it, restored, on DVD.

I just watched a documentary on how cartoons have been used to depict minorities and quite frankly, it was quite disgusting to see how they've been caricatured. That said, I can definitely understand wanting to see it for its historical value. Disgusting or not, it is a major part of American history and shouldn't just be swept under the rug as if it didn't happen. Of course, it's definitely not something I would want to show to impressionable young children.

I just watched a documentary on how cartoons have been used to depict minorities and quite frankly, it was quite disgusting to see how they've been caricatured.  That said, I can definitely understand wanting to see it for its historical value.  Disgusting or not, it is a major part of American history and shouldn't just be swept under the rug as if it didn't happen.  Of course, it's definitely not something I would want to show to impressionable young children.

Yes...my thoughts as well.

Watching Bug Bunny call the Japanese names in World War II-vintage cartoons tells more about the American mindset of the era than any history book.

In addition to the bad parts of American history demonstrated in these cartoons, they're incredible works of art. The "Coal Black" cartoon I mentioned earlier is an amazing 7-minute jazz "music video" featuring Vivian Dandridge.

Well, that episode of Drawn Together featuring the elimination of all past, stereotypical characters actually does ring true for America today. What with all the censoring, and being politically correct, now THAT hits a sore spot with me.