Step One Taken

You put quite a bit of work into that car BV. It's a little surprising you're thinking of letting 'er go. I'm sure you'd easily make your money back on it, however.

Me, on the other hand, I have a very bad problem with changing DDs very often. It isn't without reason, though. This Camaro has started to turn into a money pit for me and I'm not willing to put money in it anymore. The clutch and reverse synchro are coming close to biting the dust.

I'm seriously considering an '94 to '96 Impala SS. This video should explain why:

Then there is the always right T/A option.

My issue is with hidden treasures. Some relatively simple body work is tuning into endlessly difficult body work. It seems something is bent, and there's a good possibility it's the frame. The individual parts... such as the radiator support, bumper support, fenders, and hood are all undamaged... yet, nothing will line up perfectly. The most notable is the bumper... it mounts a good half-inch lower than it should. With shims and drilling new holes, I can hopefully make everything align. Although, visibly, I can't see any frame damage. Everything appears to be straight so I'm also hoping that I'm just a dumbass who can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

On the other thing, it runs better than most of the other cars in my driveway, save for the Cobalt. Besides a basic tune-up, it doesnt need anything there. After I actually start driving it again, I may just keep it as planned.

Our customer-pay labor rate is $48. It takes 2 hours labor to set up a car on a frame machine and measure the structure. Then whatever labor it takes to return the car to factory spec by pulling the unibody. Just guessing off the top of my head as a cost estimate for you, but a simple "2 and 2" (2 hours setup & measure, 2 hours pull) would cost $192 + tax at a bodyshop. That could be all it needs, just sayin'.

And Jacket... oh man. Good luck to you in your search for the perfect DD.

Edited by ocnblu

Our customer-pay labor rate is $48. It takes 2 hours labor to set up a car on a frame machine and measure the structure. Then whatever labor it takes to return the car to factory spec by pulling the unibody. Just guessing off the top of my head as a cost estimate for you, but a simple "2 and 2" (2 hours setup & measure, 2 hours pull) would cost $192 + tax at a bodyshop. That could be all it needs, just sayin'.

I'll bring it down to Lancaster. :P

Much obliged.

When the Camaro sells, step one will be putting the money I get out of it in a checking account instead of having it stowed away somewhere in the closet. After that, it's going to be a random search to various places, car lots ... private owners ... etc. I'm not going to rush into buying anything, I'm going to wait for the right car to come to me. If there is any remainder of money, I'm going to spend it on books for class and musical instruments.

Fair plan. I've learned from my mistakes.

A trade is in the works.

If it works out, I'm trading for a car I would have just bought anyway. Yeah, you probably know what car it is.

I'm just going to let go of the old vintage solid state Fender amp so that I can buy a 40 watt tube amp instead of relying on getting money out this deal to buy one instead.

Edited by whiteknight

Very close.

I'm working out a deal on a 4th gen Firebird. Should this work out, I'm calling it a day on trading/pining/etc. on other cars. A T/A would be great, as much as I've bantered around about buying one someday, but finding one in the specific year ranges I want that hasn't been treated like an absolute dog for $5k and under is basically a dream not worth chasing anymore.

The reality is I still really miss the old '98 Bird I had, despite the fact it didn't have LS1 power. The Camaro isn't a substitute in styling and feel, despite being a 5-speed. I could be content behind the wheel of Firebird similar to my old one.

Edited by whiteknight

"What a long, strange trip it's been..."

That perfectly sums it all up.

At least the Cutlass has had staying power and I also know that if I have to sell it, I know exactly where it's going so that I can buy it back. The interior is in shambles, though. That's this summer's project before I head off to college.