The interior

mystik

A topic that hasn't been touched on a lot is the interior of the Camaro, and something that has sort of worried me since I first saw it. The interior is of course, unorthodox, and its a love it or hate it design. Plenty of people were turned off by it, saying it was too radical for a car of this caliber. Some loved it for its retro cues. So I wanted to ask what everyone here actually thought of the interior, how much will be changed? Should a lot be changed? I myself like it with the exception of the long orange trim around the inside dash and doors. Will it be toned down and tame like the Challengers?

Like I said in the thread I posted earlier, I see that interior as easily modified for production.

Add in the regular controls in the center stack, move the needles from ahead of the shifter to the outside of the tachometer/speedometer, and use different materials..

In light of the G6 concept to production interior disappointment, I'd advise to keep hope in check about that.

Then again, the Enclave concept interior is claimed to be what the production interior will look like for the most part. We'll see about that.

I can tell you that I don't see the leather-stitched dash, a lot of the chrome, or the steering wheel making it to production, though.

Posted Image

Edited by Variance

I like the design of the interior, the color scheme could use some tweaking and the gauges need work, but the layout is perfect. I said a few months ago that I would not minde a simple dash layout, and this nailed it. The steering wheel and shifter kick ass.

Other than the Star-Wars shifter I say change NOTHING!!!!

I love the interior but would end up with some sort of custom shift-knob. I can never leave a stock shifter on my car.

The other day I took off the Datsun's 8-ball shifter I had put on immediately after I bought it and I installed a funky riced-out one as a joke. Now my Chevy Truck has an 8-ball transfer case shifter in place of the stock ugly one.

Getting back on topic I'd leave the interior exaqctly as is. Like I said before it's one of the nicest interioirs of all time! When I buy one I hope it looks as close as possible ot this. An American Grafitty style Piston shifter or perhaps a skull head like on my Camaro and I'd leave it the F*** alone. :wub:8)