SAmadei

'73 Pontiac Bonneville RC

5 posts in this topic

SAmadei    224

Not really a current GM merchandise, as I picked this up a couple years ago as a goof.

So, as I mentioned in another thread, I have a remote control 1973 Pontiac Bonneville coupe (for some reason I was thinking it was a Catalina before). I picked this up at either Target or Walmart because I would have considered the 1973 Bonneville to be about the LAST GM car ANYONE would make a toy out of. No offense to fans of the '73... its just not as iconic as, say, 50 or 70 other GM models.

Unfortunately, it is a donked remote with a wired remote control. Cheesy. It also has a crazy dragon sticker on the sides. The poor thing was all by itself, and I felt bad. Since its actually a reasonably detailed casting of the '73 Bonneville, I figured I could always make it into a curbside model if I came across a 1/16th scale fullsize chassis.

For now, it sits on my desk... right by my stuffed rat from Ikea.

Its from a company called Planet Toys... © 2006. I've seen very little about this on the internet... and the website seems to be gone, so it seems more and more unique all the time.

post-4086-1277354126252.jpg

post-4086-12773541346637.jpg

post-4086-12773541443131.jpg

post-4086-12773541531071.jpg

ocnblu    733

Radical, thanks for posting, SAmadei! Yes, it is reasonably detailed, and different.

"Donking" aside, that is actually pretty cool. I probably would've grabbed it, too, if I had spotted it lonesome in a store.... ;)

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * 07/24/2010=ChitownMeet #3 *

MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I saw an old Malibu" ... Doug Stone ... 'I Thought It Was You'

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.