2ndn8ure

Engine comparison

7 posts in this topic

:unsure: I don't know for certain If this board is the place for my question but I'm hitting brick walls every where else, and I should at least be able to find an answer to the negative. I'm trying to determine if there is any other engine that can effectively or reliably be replaced in a 2001 Saturn LW2 V6 3.0L. For reasons too ridiculous to go into I need to have the engine replaced a second time: no warranty. I can't find a 2001 Saturn used or rebuilt any where. I live in WV and money is a REAL object. I've got a good mechanic with computers and all that, but having Saturn do the work as they did in the first case is out of the question for a bunch of reasons. If they had given me complete information, I wouldn't need the second replacement. I'm trying to explore ALL my options and would appreciate any info at all. thanks

I'd love to hear why you're replacing the engine for the second time in 4 years. How about making a long story short? I'm sorry but I don't have any suggestions regarding a replacement engine. I do have one general suggestion, though. What about a nice used car?

Perhaps you should be replacing the CAR, not the engine again. IT's a 2001 LW300- it's not going up in value whether it runs or not. If you must keep the car, why not get an engine from a smashed up car or a rebuilt. Try www.6thplanetusedparts.com

Perhaps you should be replacing the CAR, not the engine again.  IT's a 2001 LW300- it's not going up in value whether it runs or not.  If you must keep the car, why not get an engine from a smashed up car or a rebuilt.  Try www.6thplanetusedparts.com

[post="8342"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thanks sciguy. It looks like it may play out like that. A relative came on the scene with the offer of a replacement vehicle. I have never trusted any entity that kept knowledge to itself and I have that feeling about Saturn. Right or wrong.

I'll check out that resource any way. I haven't come across it in my travels to date. Thanks again.

yeah the 3.0 v6 (borrowed from the Catera) has never been nothing but a headache for LS2/L300 owners. Ironically the 4cyl (2.2 ecotec is a really good engine) is considered a good choice by Consumer Reports, but they advise on avoiding the v6 version. My advice is to just cut you losses and get another car.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead