Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Go ION!

Interesting... though I wonder how many people never bought the first one because of either the styling (which I don't think is terribly good or bad, but I've heard a lot of negative comments about), or the center-mount gauges (which I've heard a lot of people like once they get used to them, but it seems they just cause some people to run...)

A restyled ION (perhaps with a different name, I dunno) is needed. Could be the same platform, I think the platform is more than fine.

The Ion's been around for what, 3 years?  Why do so many people with Ions feel the need to replace them so soon?  I'd understand if there was a reskin but something about this factoid seems off.

<<Polk says, "loyalty is determined when a household that owns a new vehicle returns to market and purchases or leases another new vehicle of the same model or make." >>

In other words a typical Saturn owner trades in his S-series Saturn with over 250,00 miles on it and gets a new ION.

actualy the news is much better than that!

The ION won the most owner loyality thingy for the second year in a row.

Further more

saturn ION  made the top 12  greenist car list along with Cobalt

This needs to be exploited and MARKETED to it's fullest!!!!

Too bad the media NEVER reported on this... You know it'd be all over the front of Forbes & Co. if it were Toyota.

Maybe GM should RETAIN the Ion name with the Astra... (On it)

Or maybe, hopefully not, the new Saturn direction will alienate these buyers (No appliance-like, plastic cars)

***THis reminds me of the Aztek... Awesome execution (ideas) BAD wrapper. Or maybe it's just the media bias...

This needs to be exploited and MARKETED to it's fullest!!!!

There is another item that needs to be marketed better also. It's the included ONstar. This really is a neat package for a father to send his daughter off with (or a husband to get for his wife). There are three buttons. The middle one allws you to talk with the OnStar assistant. If the check engine light comes on they can run the OBDII diagnostics and tell my daughter whether she must stop immediately or whether the car can continue home. Peace of mind. The left hand button is a hands free cell phone with some free time attached to it. The third button is the red one and it summons the police if there is an accident, if there is a high jacking or an attempted rape/whatever. This conversation may seem a bit depressing but it is all piece of mind.

There is another item that needs to be marketed better also.  It's the included ONstar.  This really is a neat package for a father to send his daughter off with (or a husband to get for his wife).  There are three buttons.  The middle one allws you to talk with the OnStar assistant.  If the check engine light comes on they can run the OBDII diagnostics and tell my daughter whether she must stop immediately or whether the car can continue home.  Peace of mind.  The left hand button is a hands free cell phone with some free time attached to it.  The third button is the red one and it summons the police if there is an accident, if there is a high jacking or an attempted rape/whatever.  This conversation may seem a bit depressing but it is all piece of mind.

yep...saturn deserves more recognition :pbjtime: