Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Need help with Lucerne lease info

Without someone sitting down with different Financial Institutions, I don't think there's anything additional that can be said outside of the estimates given.

Like anything else that's financed or leased, the monthly payment depends on the amount available for down payment. Interest rate qualifications depend heavily on the individual's credit rating.

This is all I could find at the moment. It doesn't indicate whether the APR is for finance or Lease. Updated 3/1/06:

http://gmbuypower.com/viewCurrentOffersPage.bp?zip=98008

Buick LaCrosse -------> 1.9% Or $500

Buick Lucerne ---------> 2.9% Or $0

Buick Rainier ----------> 4.9% Or $1000

Buick Rendezvous ---> 4.9% Or $1000

Buick Terraza ---------> 3.9% Or $1000

But remember, prices have been lowered so part of the discount is built into the new MSRPs.

The site also allows you to sign up for incentive updates on specific vehicles. I'd recommend it if you're getting ready to buy.

In South Florida, Southeast Region

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back with you..The only way you're going to get any advantage out of the March Madness is if you can find a Lucerne that's been sitting in inventory for longer than 120 days, that's the only cars that have the bonus cash.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back with you..The only way you're going to get any advantage out of the March Madness is if you can find a Lucerne that's been sitting in inventory for longer than 120 days, that's the only cars that have the bonus cash.

How much is the incentive for being over 120 days on the lot? In addition, they put $500.00 on the hood of the CX (base) model.

I'm such an academic moron. I know that in accounting parlance, there are two types of leases: a capital lease and an operating lease, the latter being just rent without anything that remotely looks like an ownership "likelihood" at the end of it all. The features in your lease which determine which you have.

For you, the things to look at would be:

1. the cash outflows for the equivalent period under leasing or owning - payments, service costs, intial cap cost vs. down payment, residual value or sales value - some of which may be estimates

2. the GM Card contribution under either scenario

3. the tax effect thrown in

4. the deductibility if you use it for business and the business/personal blend

5. how many miles you drive, keeping in mind that you never know.

I am not one who leases. I purchase and buy the extended GM warranty. I like to make them go a long time.

Hope that helps some!

Thanks for the information. I already leased a 2006 Lacrosse CXL at a very nice payment. It is red with taupe interior; equipped with remote start and heated seats. The only problem I'm having is that it sat for a long time on the lot, which caused the tires to develop flat spots on the tires. This has caused vibration and instability. The dealer refuses to acknowledge that there is a problem, but the problem is there IS a problem. I can't win.

Thanks for the information.  I already leased a 2006 Lacrosse CXL at a very nice payment. It is red with taupe interior; equipped with remote start and heated seats. The only problem I'm having is that it sat for a long time on the lot, which caused the tires to develop flat spots on the tires. This has caused vibration and instability. The dealer refuses to acknowledge that there is a problem, but the problem is there IS a problem. I can't win.

Go for the throat, Riv. That's nuts. It's a Buick and it's not entry level. You deserve better and that of sitting on the lot IS indeed an issue causing problems like what you mentioned, among others.

On a more jovial note, those heated seats...what would you have done without them? :lol:

Enjoy! It is a very tastefully styled vehicle...and its grille is way more attractive than that of the LaCrosse. Watch the LaCrosse follow suit.

Edited by trinacriabob

I got into a Lacrosse, not Lucerne. The Lucerne was too much money, too new, no incentives, etc.

The Lacrosse is over at the Cadillac dealer receiving warranty service for the vibration that the service advisor recognized right away as abnormal. Their service manager worked at a Buick dealer for many years and was knowledgeable about how Buick owners want to be treated, the cars, etc.

It is a shame that the selling dealer's service department is so horribly inept or corrupt that they refuse to do the work to diagnose and fix a problem with a car sold at their dealership.

For that kind of stuff, consider contacting what they call the Zone Manager.

I'd let it go at this iteration, but if it keeps up, you would have to go up a level or two. But pick your battles.

As I mature, I have a lot less problem getting people into trouble for not doing their jobs or for abusing power ... if they deserve it.

Thanks for the information.  I already leased a 2006 Lacrosse CXL at a very nice payment. It is red with taupe interior; equipped with remote start and heated seats. The only problem I'm having is that it sat for a long time on the lot, which caused the tires to develop flat spots on the tires. This has caused vibration and instability. The dealer refuses to acknowledge that there is a problem, but the problem is there IS a problem. I can't win.

Can I ask what you're paying and what the lease terms are? I've been wanting a Lacrosse for a while know, but can't get myself to spend the money.

For that kind of stuff, consider contacting what they call the Zone Manager.

I'd let it go at this iteration, but if it keeps up, you would have to go up a level or two.  But pick your battles.

As I mature, I have a lot less problem getting people into trouble for not doing their jobs or for abusing power ... if they deserve it.

I will wait until the other dealer hopefully solves my problem and I will decide what to do about the selling dealer's service department. They deserve some kind of black eye.

Can I ask what you're paying and what the lease terms are?  I've been wanting a Lacrosse for a while know, but can't get myself to spend the money.

Not to be nosy, but I too would like to know what the deal was with your lease. I'm looking to get rid of my Malibu soon and the LaCrosse is still on my shopping list (unfortunately, not the wife's though). By the way, keep us informed of your happiness with the LaCrosse and best of luck with it. TIA! :cheers: