Some more Saab Aero X pics

I dunno why but the other Aero X thread was locked, which sucks. So i wanted to make a thread to post some cool pics of the Aero X and some thoughts about it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm sure a lot of people have seen these already, but they're still sweet to look at. Check out that altimeter style speedo...it's sweet. This is what Saab should have, as like a halo car. I mean, it's the only car to really back up the "Born from Jets" slogan. It looks absolutely stunning. I'm sure they won't build it but you know...they could if they really wanted to.

Granted, building it off the RWD Corvette platform goes against the FWD tradition of Saab...but you know I think building the Saabaru and the Saablazer aready went agsinst tradition. Instead of spitting in Saab's face like the other two cars do (although I must admit I kinda like the 9-7x), this takes the brand to a new level. RWD and the twin turbo V6 will make it a better perfomance car than it could ever be as an FWD (can you say "torque steer"?). Plus, since it'd be built of an existing and very good platform, it'd cut costs down. I think the canopy is so cool, and it's different, and like a jet, just like Saab's tradition. People wonder how how expensive or complicated it would be to make it...but think about this: the Volvo C70's 3-piece hardtop is uber complex, as is other hardtops. If they can build a G6 hardtop with a decent price, they should be able to build that canopy. In fact the only issue I can see with it is the window. I'd have to be sections so you could actually roll down the windows, lol. That speedometer is freakin' sweet...I think Saab, if nothing else, should make a funmctional speedo like that to put in their cars.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts, it's a sweet concept!

Edited by Dodgefan