Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Let's Get in the First Chat!

The Oscars are on. Plus I've already told some friends I'd meet them at a little chat tonight at 6. I'll try to stop in again... I've actually been stopping in all day today, intermittently, but haven't seen anyone there yet.

I'm with NOS. I think I'd rather see who wins the Mongomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence.

:o  :o  :o  :stupid:  :stupid:  :stupid:

You are not well sir. :D

Heh, let me elaborate before you lock me up.

Sure, he's funny and he has his moments, but his schtick on The Daily Show seems to be the same thing repeated ad nauseum...

*Roll out a story

*Make glib comments about the story

*Punctuate a weak joke by imitating some famous past celeb's mannerisms.

*Engage in a desperately ironic tet-a-tet with one of the many unfunny correspondents ("Surely there's nothing wrong with lying about WMDs and spending billions and years and hundreds of lives, is there Jon?")

*<Insert random celeb du jour here>

*Weak banter with studio audience

*Roll out 'Moment of Zen,' which was a Kilborn thing that has no meaning now.

About the only moments of saving grace are Lewis Black's occasional spot and the lead-in for The Colbert Report.

I really loved the show back in the day and I miss Craig Kilborn, whose self-indulgence made it even funnier. I also miss alot of the original correspondants like A. Whitney Brown, Brian Unger, Ed Helms, Mo Rocca, Beth Littleford and the old segements like Even Steven/Stephen with Colbert and Carell and Frank DeCaro's 'Out at the Movies.'

I absolutely love The Colbert Report, though. It truly gets the funny back in that news satire and you should definitely check it out if you haven't.