New Vue Timeline

Hey guys. I just got some spy shots of the next gen Vue and it looks darn ready to roll, heavily disguised you can still tell there's a Saturn emblem and interior looks good.

It's gonna be hot for them. Any idea when this will debut at a show? Any insiders know?

OK folks we just got our eyes on the original photos from the series we ran yesterday. The real deal is that there was minimal tape on the originals of these retouched photos. If we had seen the originals (which we're not allowed to show here) we probably would not have run these shots.

HOWEVER, the tape on the headlights is so clear in the original photo that the outline of the headlights is not hard to guess and definitely follows the lines of the retouched shots. The foglights might well be placed differently but this is probably the best guess as you can clearly see circular outlines under the tape in that area.

Regardless, we don't think you could call these "fake," although they have been altered. Again, we were unaware these were retouched until earlier this morning.

Dave, you gave misinformation. You should be roasted & chastized with people calling for your head. :P

Dave, you gave misinformation. You should be roasted & chastized with people calling for your head.  :P

yeah what the f-ck happened with that? I mean it's not like we're friggin' Dan Rather saying the President lied with no "real" proof. Sheesh. We had a reliable source, they misinformed us and we ran it. Later it was corrected. Ours in less than 24 hours.

Anyway by the looks of this new Vue on the road I'd think it would be a 2007 model. It looks that ready. As ready as the Enclaves we've been seeing if not more so.

The VUE's debut seems a bit odd. It'll initially debut next month in concept form as the Opel Antara concept with Saturn badges, but is already running around seemingly ready for production as the production S3X with Saturn badges.

Am I correct?

The VUE's debut seems a bit odd.  It'll initially debut next month in concept form as the Opel Antara concept with Saturn badges, but is already running around seemingly ready for production as the production S3X with Saturn badges.   

Am I correct?

Your right it is the basic outline of the S3X. Hadn't thought of that. but you can clearly see a hidden saturn emblem. Quite a bit smaller than the current Vue.

Do you have the pics on your site? I looked and couldn't find them.

no I decided not to use them as they are essentially the S3X with disguise and saturn emblem (and quite costly to purchase).

Also I like your guys feedback sometime to see if there is rabid interest in it and then sometimes I'll pull the trigger. Let's just say that wasn't the case here. But I figure I might use the information for a future "rumor" post.

DT

no I decided not to use them as they are essentially the S3X with disguise and saturn emblem (and quite costly to purchase).

Also I like your guys feedback sometime to see if there is rabid interest in it and then sometimes I'll pull the trigger. Let's just say that wasn't the case here. But I figure I might use the information for a future "rumor" post.

DT

It's not actually, although with a heavily disguised model it would be hard to tell. The Saturn/Opel is significantly different to the Captiva, although it's probably similar in size and definitely similar in shape, the details are all different. There have already been many nearly-undisguised shots of the Opel version. It should also be just as big as the current Vue, if not a little bigger.

Compare these shots of the S3X/Captiva (13-14) with the following shots of the Antara/Vue (15-16)

http://www.autobild.de/projektor/galerie.p...rtikel_id=10224

Edited by thegriffon

It's not actually, although with a heavily disguised model it would be hard to tell. The Saturn/Opel is significantly different to the Captiva, although it's probably similar in size and definitely similar in shape, the details are all different. There have already been many nearly-undisguised shots of the Opel version. It should also be just as big as the current Vue, if not a little bigger.

Compare these shots of the S3X/Captiva (13-14) with the following shots of the Antara/Vue (15-16)

http://www.autobild.de/projektor/galerie.p...rtikel_id=10224

It looks just like the 15/16 yes. But is that much different than the S3X?

I don't understand why Saturn's debuting the Opel Antara in concept form when we already know what the production version will look like. If anything, the media will just complain about how it was "watered down" for production when the production-spec version debuts at next year's show circuit.