User Ignore Feature (Members take note)

As a member of the C&G Staff, I feel it's my responsibility to make the members aware of features that may make their time on the forums more enjoyable (or less irritating depending on your current viewpoint).

If there is a certain member whose posts irk you and you don't want to read what they have to say, I suggest you make use of the forums user ignore feature.

Instructions:

-Go to "My Controls" on the right menu.

Posted Image

-On the next screen, there is a link called "Manage Ignored Users".

Posted Image

-The next screen explains the details for you but basically you just enter the name of the user(s) you don't wish to hear from.

Posted Image

From then on, you should not hear from that particular user.

Personally, I feel there's a certain threshold that seperates an annoying member with less-than-popular opinions from a troll whose sole purpose is to intentionally disrupt the flow of C&G. The latter will be dealt with appropriately by the staff as seen fit. The ignore feature is suitable for the former.

Thank you for reading. :CG_all:

-Variance

Hmmmm.... good to know. Thanks.

I'll just stick with ignoring some people's posts the old fashioned

way, that way I'm not perplexed about missing responses or holes

in the dialogue. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmm.... good to know. Thanks.

I'll just stick with ignoring some people's posts the old fashioned

way, that way I'm not perplexed about missing responses or holes

in the dialogue. :P

Finally used it today... there's this placeholder between posts that go "You have chosen to ignore *********. View this post · Un-ignore ********* " to lessen any dialogue confusion.