thought this was funny

i got the new consumer reports with the sports sedan write up.

im a newbie by the way, hope you dont hold that agaist me. anyway so, in this issue there were 6 cars. the lexus won.

the main low point was that it, "lacks a sporty feel"

this is the sports sedans. i thought it funny.

they also tested the cts. it placed above the MB c230. but it was 11th of the 18th listed. this gets better. the lexus was bested by the hybrid honda accord and vw passat. the tl won overall. the 'ac.

they also made special mention that all models came with base engine and automatic tranns. the audi did well but said a lot of bad things about it. engine noise and ride and what not.

did you notice that in the most recent magazine of CR they compare 6 models...

Lexus IS250

MB C320

Audi A4 i think

CTS

3 series?

SAAB 9-4???

well the saab accually won a few things and the lexus accually got a few black marks... so they are saying... the epsilon platform... the same as the malibu... has its advantages over the wonderful lexus?

what the hell were they thinkin? i guess on a good note it (cts) was picked as a "stimulating driving experience". the subara legacy GT was listed before it in this one. what the hell do these people want.?? also what i thought was weird was that they mentioned all models tested with base engine and auto tranny. i never heard them say that, or at least noticed that before this issue.

also strange that the hybrid honda accord beat the is. go honda i guess. i dont get this sh$t

i want to thank buickman. on a side note, i was in flint not to long ago. it was great and i was at a gas station and i recognized him by the crowd that was there and he turned theunleaded gasoline intoleaded for me... and i want to thank him for that.

he also cured me of leprecy.

Edited by Mr.Krinkle

i want to thank buickman.  on a side note, i was in flint not to long ago.  it was great, and i was at a gas station and i recognized him by the crowd that was there and he turned theunleaded gasoline intoleaded... and i want to thank him.

he also  cured me of leprecy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And this is the trash that should be banned.

I really don't understand personal attacks on anybody, on a message board. What self fulfilling proficy are you attempting to complete?

You're just here to cause trouble, so what ever go do it at GMI, here's the link below:

http://www.GMInsideNews.com

It will get viewed by more people.

ive been reading these boards for a while and this guy is a royal penis. am i allowed to say that. piss off ya wanker. talk about a persecution complex.

not to mention a jesus complex. the only one cusing trouble now is you. its a joke, lighten up laugh a little. youll feel better in the morning

:o

yeah so what the hell does that have anything to do with anything. i didn know you were buickmans butt buddy.

my most humble apology. ya damn quiff. why you pickin a fight with me i dodnt say anything about you? you really need to relax or something.

the point was that Cr is full of &#036;h&#33;. how does the best handling sports sedan have a its major drawback a "lack of sporty feel" i wuote it because those are the words THEY used.

what a nice welcome. thanks "josh"

by the way--do yo even know what self fulfilling prophecy is? you shouldnt use words or terms that yourre not sure of what they mean. im fairly sure thats not what you meant to say so just relax fella. no one is starting with anyone. just being friendly. i mean it.

Mr.Krinkle: Gotta agree with your assessment on CR...they really lack any credibility when they pull crap like that.

C'mon guys...let's just take it down a notch, shall we? CR = Sucks. There, back on track already...

Despite the tit-for-tat, I enjoyed the post, particularly since I just watched the old movie "Ben Hur" yesterday. :)

what the hell were they thinkin?  i guess on a good note it (cts) was picked as a "stimulating driving experience".  the subara legacy GT was listed before it in this one.  what the hell do these people want.??  also what i thought  was weird was that they mentioned all models tested with base engine and auto tranny.  i never heard them say that, or at least noticed that before this issue. 

also strange that the hybrid honda accord beat the is.  go honda i guess.  i dont get this sh$t

i want to thank buickman.  on a side note, i was in flint not to long ago.  it was great  and i was at a gas station and i recognized him by the crowd that was there and he turned theunleaded gasoline intoleaded for me... and i want to thank him for that.

he also  cured me of leprecy.

i was having trouble posting the other night for whatever reason and wound up writing this

a couple times. then "josh" got on my case.

not to beat a dead horse, but i think croc pretty much nailed it. how much

longer before the masses recognize the general lack of credibility. with each issue

it creeps up more.

their "gripe" with the caddy goes back to '03 when they made some complaints and

to their utter shock havent been changed yet. boo hoo. :hissyfit: "niggling" was the exact word.

the hierarchy of cars is rather strained in my opinion. it defies logic but perhaps to the casual observer gets the point across. essentially dont buy american. 2 hondas in the top 3, only one of them a "sports sedan" honda hybrid accord give me a figgin break-- despite the the lexus' "lack of a sporty feel", ride, headlights which is always a big concern (esp. in american cars) and the rear seat room. ill concede that because really who cares about the passengers in a sports sedan.

now despite all this it still managed 4th in front of the bimmer. even the passat beat the bwm.

the caddy nothing but praise agility, ride steering, tranns, reg fuel.

11th of 18., yet is still "recommended" along with 10 others. not the bmw or benz however. :o

the hierarchy becomes more clear but what does this mean anyway. the only people who truly care about cr buy japanese anyway and german loyalists will pay through the nose and think they have the best simply because of the cost. some. not all. and they dont listen either. :banghead:

so who does this magazine cater too exactly? every car has a niche. why rank them? just go out and try it yourself, see what you like--does everyone need everything spelledout to them. and if you do rank them at least make it a level playing field. :banghead:

they also tested golf balls this issue. what stood out was they described the complete testing process and how they got to their results. perhaps they should try the same with the cars.

i was having trouble posting the other night for whatever reason and wound up writing this

a couple times.  then "josh" got on my case.

not to beat a dead horse, but i think croc pretty much nailed it.  how much

longer before the masses recognize the general lack of credibility.  with each issue

it creeps up more.

their "gripe" with the caddy goes back to '03 when they made some complaints and

to their utter shock havent been changed yet.  boo hoo. :hissyfit:  "niggling" was the exact word.

the hierarchy of cars is rather strained in my opinion.  it defies logic but perhaps to the casual observer gets the point across.  essentially dont buy american.  2 hondas in the top 3, only one of them a "sports sedan"  honda hybrid accord give me a figgin break-- despite the the lexus' "lack of a sporty feel", ride, headlights which is always a big concern (esp. in american cars) and the rear seat room.  ill concede that because really who cares about the passengers in a sports sedan.

now despite all this it still managed 4th in front of the bimmer.  even the passat beat the bwm.

the caddy nothing but praise agility, ride steering, tranns, reg fuel.

11th of 18., yet is still "recommended" along with 10 others.  not the bmw or benz however. :o

the hierarchy becomes more clear but what does this mean anyway.  the only people who truly care about cr buy japanese anyway and german loyalists will pay through the nose and think they have the best simply because of the cost.  some.  not all.  and they dont listen either. :banghead:

so who does this magazine cater too exactly?  every car has a niche.  why rank them?  just go out and try it yourself, see what you like--does everyone need everything spelledout to them. and if you do rank them at least make it a level playing field. :banghead:

they also tested golf balls this issue.  what stood out was they described the complete testing process and how they got to their results.  perhaps they should try the same with the cars.

um, if CR is that bad, then why are you reading it?