Guest Josh

Equinox Hybrid

5 posts in this topic

Guest Josh

As the 2007 VUE Green Line sets to make its appearance as GM's first true hybrid offering work is being done on the hybrid Equinox.

Naturally one would assume that since they are on the same platform, architecture, etc that they would share the same hybrid drivetrain. From what I've been hearing, the Equinox will feature a different hybrid system than the Vue.

The Vue uses the "two-mode" hybrid system that at stop lights the batteries take over while the engine is shut down.

Could a "true" hyrid be in store for the Equinox complete with batteries and greater fuel efficency?

Only time will tell.

Interesting.

It seems like sharing hybrid systems between the two would make more sense, so I wonder what GM has up it's sleeve.

The Vue uses the "two-mode" hybrid system that at stop lights the batteries take over while the engine is shut down.

I think you mean BAS hybrid system. The Two mode uses two engines and they work together to have better at speed addition and performance.

Guest Josh

I think you mean BAS hybrid system.  The Two mode uses two engines and they work together to have better at speed addition and performance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry I mis spoke but umm I've now gottten it on final word that the Hyrid Equinox will be differenent than the Saturn.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.