Cadillac v. Mercedes

Drew Dowdell

Which brings me right back to my point that synthetic oil changes do not EVER cost $90 at Cadillac.

All the long term CTS tests I've seen report ~$100 first oil services.

Anyhow trying to save a couple of bucks on something you do once a year is beside the point when a CTS retains 42% of its value after 3 years compared to the 65% you get back from a 328i (10k mi/yr, 2011 models). Depreciation is the biggest expense of any new car, and in the CTS you spend an extra $10,000 for that.

• Agree 1

I guess if you are so cheap that the cost of the oil change keeps you out of a Cadillac even if you can afford the car, then you probably should check out a Kia, Toyota, Chevy, etc.

If you spring for a premium brand car at a premium price, expect to pay a premium on the service and don't whine about it.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Which brings me right back to my point that synthetic oil changes do not EVER cost $90 at Cadillac.

Anyhow trying to save a couple of bucks on something you do once a year is beside the point when a CTS retains 42% of its value after 3 years compared to the 65% you get back from a 328i (10k mi/yr, 2011 models). Depreciation is the biggest expense of any new car, and in the CTS you spend an extra $10,000 for that.

.... I had a CTS for 4 years, serviced at the dealership

.... I had a CTS for 4 years, serviced at the dealership

Look he has money! Hurry up and tax him before he gets away! LOL!

• Disagree 3