Want a Brand-New Jeep Truck? Here's Your Chance

post-8523-0-95686800-1329509012.jpg

Although plenty of Wrangler Unlimited owners are converting their four-door off-roaders into two-door pickups at a quick pace, it still isn't everyday you get to see Jeep's unofficial new truck in the wild. Well, a local Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealer in my area would like to do their part in changing that.

What you see above is a brand-new 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited converted over to Scrambler-specs with the Mopar JK-8 Independence pickup kit. Aside from leather seats, it has everything on it — sat-nav, heated seats, power locks, the whole bit. What used to be the rear seating and cargo area has now been slathered in a coating of Line-X bedliner to certify the Jeep for hauling duties. They also fitted the suspension with a Rough Country lift and threw on some off-road fender flares to fit the meatier rubber that’s been mounted to a new set of color-matching rims. Basically, the hard stuff has already been done and all you have to do is buy it and drive it.

Okay, I’ll admit that it needs the six-speed manual gearbox instead of the five-speed auto-tragic. I won’t lie, though — I really do love the living hell out of this thing. In fact, I love it so much I’m about to go into spasms at the mere thought of what it would be like to drive it.

Alas, the window sticker is worthy of spasms as well — at a price of $59,990 this modern day Jeep Scrambler is more than guaranteed to scramble your finances. You also can’t help but to wonder where the extra money comes into play. The JK-8 kit only costs $5,499 without installation and the rims, tires, flares, and lift aren’t extremely costly items either. The original Wrangler Unlimited that became this truck didn’t carry a horrible base price as initially spec’d and it couldn’t have been the cost of labor to install it since any DIY’er can do it.

Fingers crossed the price gets marked down. Way, way, way down.

Edited by black-knight