help for me, i

mute

alright i need pretty much the best instructions and tips possible for removing the windheild of one 95 oldsmobile cutlass supreme, and replacing it with another

can you tell me what kind of adhesive i need for the re installation and what i need to do to get both off and on without any damage?

the car is a 1995 oldsmobile cutlass supreme the windsheild is cracked and i am replacing it at no cost to the owner . . . i have done this before but i want to be thorough because it must pass inspection in august . . .

Hmmm. I'm not sure about how anything model specific, but here's some pointers I've learned from installng/removing glass from my truck with my dad.

1) Do it with two people, it's infinitely easier.

2) get a pair of large suction cups with the little lever for the release. Mosten the contact surface and press onto the windshield.

3) you'll probably need a windshield removal tool. It's basically a razor knife that has a blade bent at a 90* angle to get behind the windshield. Alternatively, there's this thin metal cable that you pull back and forth to remove the glass.

4) after you get the glass out, make sure you get all the old glue off. This is key to not having the new windshield leak. Leaving the old glue on will cause the glass to not sit right in the hole. It's also the most difficult part of the job, because that stuff is HARD.

5) Use only windshield sealant. It comes in a caulking tube. Don't be cheap with it either.

6) Don't use the car for a couple of hours after you put the glass in, and don't wash it until the next day.

yea the kind of glue you use is Caulking, or somethin. i went with my dad alot to work when we ownede an autoglass service but yea i forgot evrything except for how to vacuum tempered glass pieces and that!

Edited by Charger4U