WOW how do you survive this??

the_yellow_dart

TORONTO - Lets just call it the Miracle on the 403.

“I thought it was a fatal for sure,” said freelance photographer Andrew Collins. “The transport truck had flipped right on top of a Mazda SUV and flattened it right at the ramp at the 403 and Dundas at the Mississauga-Oakville border.”

The veteran Collins said it was not just the horrific sight that seemed ominous but the way the first responders were carrying themselves.

http://www.torontosu...-of-expert-work

“It was a miraculous recovery,” he said. “She was flown to St. Mikes, treated for minor bruises and scrapes and then released."

1331842989718_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

1297245755899_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80

Edited by Oldsmoboi

Teaches me to read the full story, yes the story at the link says the truck flipped onto the car and had to be pulled upright after they pulled it off the car to free the woman. Took 2hrs to free her and then they right sided the truck.

WOW, that would have been some 2hrs being crunched in that car.

Edited by dfelt

The article mentions that the ditch/depression helped the woman survive... I disagree, as this would only be the case if the trailer was resting on the near side of the ditch.

I also want to make it clear that the part of the trailer resting on the car is not necessarily that heavy... obviously, with the added force of gravity, it was able to make the roof yield, but crushing the rest of the car would require a LOT more weight.

WOW, Guess this is total loss of car, good thing she was able to get down below the top of the dash, that is the only way I can imagen she survived, getting down low.

Knowing how people pay attention to things going on around them, I imagine she never saw it coming... the roof probably pushed the back of the seat backward and down and sandwiched her... but not enough to crush her. Had the car been full of people, there would have been fatalities, as backseat passengers would also have prevented the seatback from being crushed flat.

Most people when they put the seat flat are below the hood/deck.

wonder if the person was short.

You have to be short to drive a Mazda. ;-)

wonder how in the hell the car got there.

Trailer flipped over onto the car.

guess the weight didn't pop the tires, wow...maybe the mud/dirt expanded the contact area.

I don't think the added weight would necessarily pop the tires... it would simply crush the tires down to the rim... which would only increase the air pressure inside by 30% or so. Tires can easily withstand double the rated air pressure when standing still.

This was more impressive...

Holy smokes....

" treated for minor bruises and scrapes and then released."

...hard to believe, seeing those photos! My goodness mercy me....

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

* rNw-CC+event: http://rdwhl-capriceclassic.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=whatsgoingon *

"We'll feel so alive" __ Boys Like Girls __ 'The Great Escape'

• Agree 1