Sign in to follow this  
A Horse With No Name

2013 Mustang V6 Manual....

4 posts in this topic

So the Former Stang Drives the newest stang....

Overalll....

Pluses. The fit and finish of the car I drove was fantastic....as good as anything I've seen sold today. The trunk had flawless finish inside of the trunk lid, the door jambs were flawless, the paint inside the motor bay was flawless. Interior fit together perfectly also.

It also had plenty of power.

However, the car felt really heavy and not terribly playful, the shifter wasn't as clean of good as a GTI, Volvo C30, or any of the other cars we drove and liked better. Seats were comfortable enough but lacked the support of the GTI seats or the better seats of several other cars I've driven.

Overall, an 8 out of ten....nice car, but not enough to sway me from the likes of a GTI or C30 if I were to buy another car.

And yes, we drove this before we bought the MINI...I just haven't gotten around to posting this.

regfootball    250

i've only driven a few older mustangs but really i don't get the appeal other than just straight line performance.

but the latest ones have refined new engines and such so I thought they would be more interesting.

My recent BMW 135 spin made me believe the smaller RWD package should be a nimble fun time and is probably more where the pony cars should go....although the current Camaro at least I think will be as is for a long time, and it's a big car. Maybe the chevy 130 concept was testing the public reaction to the package more than anything.

Camaros and mustangs really are an old paradigm, one that lots of folks like sure, but to survive the future i think we need shorter hoods, less girth, more nimbleness regardless if its FWD or RWD.

So GM using alpha for a future Camaro makes sense. Perhaps it will even be lighter than the ATS but hopefully smaller and more flickable too.

• Upvote 1

I like your response, REg...yeah..eventually GM and Ford will run out of aging baby boomers to sell these things to.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this