PickupTrucks.com - New Video: 2014 Chevrolet Silverado Towing

*Watch the video at the source: http://news.pickuptr...wing-video.html

New Video: 2014 Chevrolet Silverado Towing

Posted by Mark Williams | July 12, 2012

We're beginning to get more info from various sources about recent durability testing for the 2014 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra. We're told many of the tests — hot weather, towing, deep water and dust filtration — are being done at an old military testing facility just outside Yuma, Ariz., and in the surrounding mountains.

The video here is just a quick look at a hill-climb test under load. We're hoping to get more footage later of the various tests the new truck endured. If you happen to live in or around the Yuma desert, feel free to send us any photos or videos you can get.

The video shows a less camo'ed 2014 Chevy Silverado grille:

14Silveradotowing.png

I'm starting to think i'm not likely to think these new pickups are very pretty, was hoping for a less blocky rounder styling than the current one

The previous gen Sierra is my favorite truck style

40634465.jpg

Along with the pre-MCE Silverado

38425060001_large.jpg

Edited by CanadianBacon94

I agree with you, CanadianBacon94. I was a big fan of the '89-'98/'99 GMT-400 pickups, but was a huge fan of the '99-'02 trucks. I eventually turned around and liked the '03-'06/'07 Sierra, but it was not an initial love like with the '99 models. I feel the Chevy was given a raw deal with the '03-'06/'07 restyling, the angry Asian look just never took hold. I actually found through Craigslist an '05 GMC Sierra 11500 SLE, regular cab, sportside bed, Z71 4WD with 14k miles in bright red. Very tempted, and I wish I knew if I liked the upcoming '14 models otherwise I'd jump on the '05. Damn GM, holding back on showing the full view of what these trucks will look like :P

Just the opposite for me. This new truck looks to be a leaner and trimmer design with sharp creases - I much prefer that to the soft, rounded look of the 800s. I also never liked how none of the front panels ever really met (grille, fender, hood) that loose overlap design was just so odd. I'd be very happy to see a strong GMT400 design influence in the new trucks.