Sales: July 2012 - Subaru

Subaru of America, Inc. July Sales Mark Eight Consecutive Months of Sales Gains

• Subaru year-to-date sales are up 23 percent

CHERRY HILL, N.J., Aug. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Subaru of America, Inc. today reported record sales for the month of July of 25,183 vehicles, a 16 percent increase over July 2011. The company also reported year-to-date sales of 189,487 – an impressive 23 percent increase over prior year.

Month-over-month sales for the 36 MPG all-wheel drive Impreza doubled. The recently refreshed Outback – which is now available with new Eyesight driver assistance technology – saw a 10 percent sales increase over July 2011.

"Subaru products represent safety, value and reliability, which is exactly what customers are looking for in these turbulent economic times," said Thomas J. Doll, executive vice president and COO, Subaru of America, Inc. "We are pleased to continue our trend of double digit monthly sales increases, and July represents the eighth consecutive month Subaru has established monthly sales records. The arrival of the all-new XV Crosstrek is right around the corner so we expect to see continued momentum into the second half of the year."

"Subaru buyers continue to recognize the incredible value proposition of our vehicles," said Bill Cyphers, senior vice president of sales, Subaru of America, Inc. "Our buyers are savvy shoppers with active lifestyles. When shoppers seek safety, durability and a spirited drive, the Subaru line-up of vehicles offers a no-compromise solution."

View full article

Subaru, like VW has cheapened their product but they still have managed to hang on to their weird customer base. I do not hear much good about how these new Subies hold up or drive...although when i have driven them they seem pleasant enough. Just not at all entertaining.

The fact that the IMpreza has real room inside is a big thing.

I think people are so busy with their lives that they don't care as much about how the thing drives. Al;so, they had to cheapen their product because the yen is so strong.

A lot of the cars that Japan is selling us should be 5 to 8 k cheaper if the dollar was stronger.

We had a solstice that was supercharged rather than Turbocharged when I raced with the Dayton Corvette Club a couple of weeks ago. Very impressive...

I had him 6 of ten runs, and on the final run he had me by two tenths of a second....but a very fast car indeed.