Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Ummm, Balthy?

I don't care for the 2-dr sedans because the greenhouses are so much taller than the hardtop (about 2").

And I would never take a B-60 unless every last B59 was somehow gone.

The whole 'this other custom one sold for...' is a buncha crap.

That aside, this is far more interesting to save than the '73 Delta 88 referenced elsewhere. Looks pretty solid, and the price is decent even for a tightwad like me. ;)

NIce to see regardless, so thanks!

I am in the (seemingly perpetual) 'liquidation mode', and will be for the foreseeable future.

Next week I am rolling my '64 Cat off it's concrete perches to make room for a box truck box, and the '64 will get stripped for parts.

I have the remains of the '60 Bonneville (seen on this board elsewhere) and the scraps of a '65 Bonneville to strip also.

NOW at least I have a place to store all these parts until they go.

The sedans probably have more headroom, though..didn't Balthy mention that the hardtops had limited headroom (because the seat is very thick?)

Front headroom in my car is listed as 35", which is about 3" less than the current, towering, generic family sedan.

I have zero issues with it because I'm not one of the lumbering golums this forum seems to be festooned with ;).

Buick does NOT list different headroom dimensions for different body styles, just by series.

I don't believe its the seats: the GM '59-60s don't yet have dropped front floor pans (that happened in '61), so even tho the front seat cushion is low to the floor (9.6") and your heels are closer to your butt's level than anything else I've been in (frt legroom is 45")..., that low roofline does have a minor price. I'll GLADLY pay it, tho. :D

If I look at the specs for '64 Pontiac, PMD DOES list different heights by bodystyle but it's hardly noticeable : Catalina 4-dr hardtop frt headroom: 38.4", 4-dr sedan: 39.0". It may well be noticeably more on the '59-60s tho, in fact I believe it must be. Windshields are a solid indicator of this.

In comparison, the P-64 has 43" of legroom and a seat-to-floor height of 10".'59-60 has to be the extreme of these interior stylistic proportions.

Front headroom in my car is listed as 35", which is about 3" less than the current, towering, generic family sedan.

I have zero issues with it because I'm not one of the lumbering golums this forum seems to be festooned with ;).

Yeah, but in your car, the seat is not towering off the floor, like modern cars. The old sit-virtually-on-the-floor seats where fine.

IMO, and I spend an inordinate amount of time in vintage cars; it's at the far end of the spectrum. You notice it right off when you get in.

But like I said- I have no problem with it.

The P-60 I have, a 4-dr flattop, is similar; the door openings (ESP the rear) are tight for a car that big, and the hardtop roofline even has me ducking a bit to get in. My buddy is 6'5"- he really had to contort to get in it. He has a driver '67 Catalina 4-dr hardtop, that's far easier to exit/enter.