• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Sign in to follow this  
Intrepidation

Tires

Well its a bit sooner than I was planning, but it looks like tires are on order for the Intrepid. Girlfriend wants to go to KS for Thanksgiving, and we want to take my car because its the most comfortable. However, the Michelin Pilot Alpines are starting to show tread wear, but more importantly they are showing dry rot.

I was leaning towards Eagle GTs, but as I was planning for tires next year, they probably aren't in the budget.

I think I'm going to go with Sumitomo HTR A/S P01 Ultra High Performance All-Season tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+A%2FS+P01+%28W-Speed+Rated%29&partnum=445WR8HTRAS&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

At $500 for a set on tire rack they seem to be the best deal in town, and the reviews seem pretty positive about their performance on dry and wet roads. Since the car sits in the winter I'm not concerned about snow (which is ironic since I have snow tires on there right now). Plus the 6yr/40,000 mile warranty is pretty good I think.

Has anyone ever run these?

Yup they are pretty popular in Seattle Home of the asian love :( for so many tech transplants. Seem to do pretty good in all the water we get here.

I've found a couple other possibilities.

On the slightly higher end are Falken Azenis PT722 A/S tires which seems to also have pretty good reviews.

http://simpletire.com/falken-p245-45r18-28222865-tires

These are a new tire by Falken, apparently their first Ultra High Performance All-Season tires and seems to have good ratings for grip in wet and dry, and the noise levels seem to be good as well.

On the lower end I found these Nankang Ultra Sport NS-II tires which seems to have pretty good reviews despite the low price.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?ra=searchTiresBySize.do&pc=12207&counter=1&ar=45&rd=18&sw=false&cs=245

At $104 97 each (with free shipping) they're a fair bit cheaper than anything else (which all have shipping charges from the vendors that sell them for the best price). They may be the ones I get if I don't have enough to spring for the Falkens or Sumitomos by the time I need to get them (beginning of November).

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.