2012 GMC Yukon

I picked up my weekend rental this morning..my neighborhood Enterprise was out of luxury cars, so I ended up w/ a silver w/ tan leather interior Yukon. It's the first GMT-900 SUV I've driven. So far, so good. Smooth, comfortable, quiet. About the only nitpick is I haven't found an ideal seat/wheel/pedal position..the steering wheel goes up/down, but no telescoping. Even w/ the seat all the way back (long legs), the pedals seem too close and the wheel too far away...got to fiddle w/ it some this afternoon after work before I hit the road. The various controls are familiar late model GM, quite similar to the Impalas I've driven.

Will post more after I get back from LA...

I picked up my weekend rental this morning..my neighborhood Enterprise was out of luxury cars, so I ended up w/ a silver w/ tan leather interior Yukon. It's the first GMT-900 SUV I've driven. So far, so good. Smooth, comfortable, quiet. About the only nitpick is I haven't found an ideal seat/wheel/pedal position..the steering wheel goes up/down, but no telescoping. Even w/ the seat all the way back (long legs), the pedals seem too close and the wheel too far away...got to fiddle w/ it some this afternoon after work before I hit the road. The various controls are familiar late model GM, quite similar to the Impalas I've driven.

Sweet, had my Trailblazer SS in for service and the free loaner was a nice Yukon. Being long legged, I had the seat back at a comfy distance from the steering wheel and then hit the switch on the dash next to the center arm rest to push the pedals all the way back and it was perfect. Looking at the center dash, lower left hand corner before the storage section was the pedal adjustment button and at least in my loaner, it went back far enough to give me the comfort I wanted.

Have a safe trip.

Sweet, had my Trailblazer SS in for service and the free loaner was a nice Yukon. Being long legged, I had the seat back at a comfy distance from the steering wheel and then hit the switch on the dash next to the center arm rest to push the pedals all the way back and it was perfect. Looking at the center dash, lower left hand corner before the storage section was the pedal adjustment button and at least in my loaner, it went back far enough to give me the comfort I wanted.

Thanks..will look for it...

Have a safe trip.

Will do..driving across the void this evening to Fontana for the Indy Car race tomorrow at Auto Club Speedway, then visiting friends in Santa Monica Sunday morning then back through Palm Springs then across the void back to Phoenix Sunday evening...

Back in Phoenix..had a good time in So Cal, and the Yukon drove quite nicely. Comfortable, quiet, soaked up the miles quite well..averaged about 19mpg cruising at 70-80mph on I-10. Loads of room inside, nice big cup holders w/ room for two venti lattes or giant water bottles. The driver's door armrest could have been a bit wider (so I could have had my left elbow resting on whilst driving, the center armrest is perfectly positioned for that). Love the huge outside mirrors. Drove smoothly on the freeway, a bit bouncy at times around town, but all in all a perfectly capabile truck.

Great cruising range--drove from Santa Monica to Phoenix without refueling, still have over 1/8th of a tank (approx. 400 miles today incl. a side trip to Palm Springs for lunch).

_____rHuWCreefurHe-vi.jpg

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Back in Phoenix..had a good time in So Cal, and the Yukon drove quite nicely. Comfortable, quiet, soaked up the miles quite well..averaged about 19mpg cruising at 70-80mph on I-10. Loads of room inside, nice big cup holders w/ room for two venti lattes or giant water bottles. The driver's door armrest could have been a bit wider (so I could have had my left elbow resting on whilst driving, the center armrest is perfectly positioned for that). Love the huge outside mirrors. Drove smoothly on the freeway, a bit bouncy at times around town, but all in all a perfectly capabile truck.

Great cruising range--drove from Santa Monica to Phoenix without refueling, still have over 1/8th of a tank (approx. 400 miles today incl. a side trip to Palm Springs for lunch).

So Sweet, my rental was the same color, Silver. :P Glad to hear you hd a great drive.