The Beetle's Back on the Track!

Hudson

I'd love to see my C&G friends at the track! I've been driving in the Philly region SCCA autocross season this summer...and the last race was postponed (because of that little lady we called Sandy) until November 11. And I know a bunch of you are in this region! Come out...bring your rides...sign up for the race. Show us what you've got! We'll be in the parking lot at the Dover Speedway.

In the meantime, I've posted some stories about what I've learned on the track. Check out part 2 at: http://automotivetraveler.com/jump/4289

And tell us your racing stories...legal ones, please.

Racing around here ends in October....unless it's rallycross.

The MINI is too nice to beat up in a rallycross, and they won't let convertibles run in rallycross un less you have a hardtop/Rollbar, so the Miata ain't goin...

Congrats....that car should be beaten upon regularly.

My friend Tom races his with slicks on all 4 corners, and it's not even remotely stock. It's street legal....but barely....

At one autocross he was beating the Vipers and 911's by about 3-4 seconds on a 90 second course...nice thing about it is thyat it was a Porsche Club of America autocross and GM was taking it to porsche on their home turf....!

Wrapped up the season on Sunday! The Beetle was consistently the quickest G-Stock car on street tires.

This Sunday's race had some interesting vehicles show up. There was a Viper GTS and a Factory Five Cobra, neither of which did particularly well.

For those who've raced, what have you learned from autocrossing?