• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Sign in to follow this  
regfootball

Sonic manual transmission

just tried pricing Sonics......only a 5 speed manual available? I thought the turbo got a 6 speed?

DOES ONE MORE TRANNY GEAR REALLY BREAK THE BANK????

Dude the 5 speed is on the 1.8 boat anchor, the 1.4t has all 6-speeds, manuel or autotragic.

And are you really spending that much on trannie gear? Don't forget to shave your legs before you go out, Ms. Regina. :)

go to chevy.com and try to build a sonic with turbo plus manual.....i swore it said "5 speed manual"....... unless it's user error or their site is hosed.

go to chevy.com and try to build a sonic with turbo plus manual.....i swore it said "5 speed manual"....... unless it's user error or their site is hosed.

When I went to build mine this morning, I chose the LTZ manual with 1.4t. When I click on the "standard equipment" button, it gives a general list, not trim-level specific, and there it says 1.8L with 5 speed manual.

But I do believe the 1.4t in the Sonic has always been paired with 6-speed transmissions.

As ever, GM's websites are pisspoor.

But your trick worked: I want to drive a Sonic LTZ hatch with 1.4t and a manual before any other test drives.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.