Manufacture Logo Font Styles?

Does anyone know what font type/style the GMC logo is in? I was looking in a catalog this past weekend of different font types or styles and could not find one that resembles the GMC block style. Does anyone have a clue how to find this out?

gmc_logo.jpg

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

It's likely not from an existing font, but made custom. I would expect there to be some similar style fonts out there though.

Agreed. I found one close enough for my needs (see below).

Thanks dfelt! In my Google search I did find that post reply, but felt it was no where close enough to what I was looking for.

^ Seems to be inaccurate. Aachen is a serif font, which 'GMC" is not.

You've got that right! When I finally found that typefont, it was no where close to what GMC's logo looks like.

So on that note, with more investigation using Google and looking at many responses about the topic, I found one that is very close to what the GMC logo looks like:

post-418-0-11073000-1363361145_thumb.jpg

http://www.fonts.com/font/mark-simonson-studio/changeling-neo#product_717044

Thanks for the input guys, I do appreciate it1 ;)

post-418-0-89860900-1363387843_thumb.jpg

I want a window decal for my front windshield. I have space for up to 16" in length and 5" in height (will make sure the letters are sized appropriately so that it doesn't look scrunched or distorted).

I got the idea from years of watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. GMC's for years have towed the floats through the parade and in the upper center of the windshield is a white "GMC" decal:

GMC.jpg

I don't want it as big as the one on the Yukon though.

You would think some aftermarket company would be making something like that...seems like the kind of thing that would have been in the JC Whitney catalog in the past. I occasionally see brand name banners on Chevy and Ford vehicles, they are out there.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

• 4 years later...
Guest Snowcruiser

I used "Bank Gothic MD BT" in Microsoft Word when coming up with a stenciling template to label my DIY upfitter switches. I think its well suited to the 2014 Sierra and looks nice in the cab. Switches are dimly back-lit at night.p5pb15285989.jpg

• 2 years later...