Sign in to follow this  
GMTruckGuy74

1977 Chevrolet Suburban - 37k miles, 4-speed manual trans

http://delaware.craigslist.org/cto/3701599449.html

3L73I43M65F15Hc5M7d3o450c347065861be7.jp

3K43I53H55I55Lf5Mbd3o289d6df358cb1e0c.jp

3M73L13Jd5Ld5E45Ffd3o1db6a59f8720115d.jp

3K13M13Nf5N45L55F8d3o1da0b51668d411c1.jp

1977 Chevy suburban - $3500 (Middletown Delaware)

Great running truck but needs alot of rust repair. Oringinaly owned by N.J. fire department, this truck has only 37,800 miles on it and best of all it is a 4 speed on the floor very rare for a suburban. Licensed and inspected till Nov.2014 custom deluxe 20. Call 302-690-0405.

A factory 4-speed manual in a Suburban must be a rarity today. I don't think I've ever seen a manual transmission in a 'Burban, Chevy or GMC :scratchchin:

Quite rare.

But, oh so basic.

Yeah...look at all that bare painted metal inside...very old school..not even a headliner. Probably very noisy inside at freeway speeds.

Price aside, does anyone think the amount of rust on this SUV should deter one from purchasing it? Not that I have the cash for it, but it is a rare, although basic, Suburban with a 4-speed manual. However, I am strangely attracted to it.

As cheap as it is w/ the rust, it would make a good winter beater, if the mileage is accurate.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I would hate to live with that everyday. It's not really old enough to be a cool classic to me (the previous generation was more to my liking), and the only way it could get more basic is if it had to be hand cranked to start it.

Too hard to tell just how much rust it does have. If it is just the front fenders, then no big deal.

Otherwise...

Roger, did you see the manual 2-door Yukon I posted?

I would pass on this as I have seen others in better condition without the rust for this price range. If you are looking for a cool project and can get them to go lower and the main body and floor is rust free then it would be a solid starting point with it's rare manual. You can pick up decent insulated liners for the inside to really give it a custom look and feel.

My gut tells me this is far more rusty than it is showing and it would be a black hole of money before it was done.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook