Cobalt

BradHemphill

• 2 weeks later...

Yup a stick. Google 'cobalt cylinder lock recall reimbursement' or something like that.

Your 2009 might fall under GM paying now. I was told I have to pay for the work. Gm may add this to the recall in the future and reimburse. I figure the chance of that at 40%. In the meantime, my crapped out drivers power window switch which I brought in under warranty not working and they said it was ( so they didn't fix it then) they gave me a price. Not gonna fix that. It wasn't working under warranty. It's also a cobalt issue. I realize I bought a super cheap car when I bought it, but overall now at 50k miles if this car is going disintegrate , in addition to being a crappy driver, I really don't want it anymore. The cobalt is about the most joyless car I have ever had. Since I did not pay much for it, it's not worth much now either. You sorta get what you pay for.

Edited by regfootball

there is some side detail to this. My old b0ss (where i sold) runs the chevy dlshp where i got it fixed. Outside of my frustration with the notion of a lock cylinder failing at 50k, as I would expect, their service process was excellent. Was quoted half the price and 2 hours to fix vs. all day to get part and fix a bunch of other stuff for 700 bucks.

The side story is i took the car in at 30k with the switch not working and at that time they said it was. So when i was there yesterday i reminded the SA of that and asked to look into it. I got quoted a price to fix it and that it may even be the motor and I said, no way, not gonna happen. When i paid to get my car when it was done SA said in passing, 'oh the tech was checking on that window switch and says it is working now, not sure how, but it's working'.

I think maybe there was some good will there, or they just tweaked something to get it to work. Point being, why does a power window switch fail at 25k miles? Why does a lock fail at 50k miles. Junk is why.