1975-1980 AMC Pacer

1958-1960 Edsel Villager

3316840076_7de444c1fa_o.jpg

1993-2003 Mercury Villager

1955-1981 Pontiac Safari

2911a86df59c392b311898235de65d5c.jpg

1985-2005 GMC Safari

Edited by balthazar

At least one error I noticed--the Pontiac Safari name lasted until '89. I've heard of all of these except for the DeSoto Seville.

A few others--at different times there was a Lincoln Capri, Ford Capri, and Mercury Capri.

A Cadillac Calais and an Olds Calais.

A Lincoln-Zephyr, Ford Zephyr, Mercury Zephyr, then a Lincoln Zephyr.

A Dodge Challenger and a Mitsubishi Challenger (SUV).

A Plymouth Sebring then a Chrysler Sebring

A Dodge Aspen then a Chrysler Aspen

^ I saw something that said the Pontiac 6000 wagon was known as a Safari, but I didn't look for confirmation. That's fairly unusual, as that means the 2 overlapped in existence (like the Sevilles).

The '76-whenever Seville becomes the triplet in that name series, too.

There was also the '80-81 LeMans Safari, '82-83 Bonneville Safari (renosed/rebadged LeMans), and '82-? J2000/Sunbird Safari. What I was referring to was the B-body Safari that lasted until '89 (it outlasted the Parisienne sedan by 3 years). Basically all Pontiac wagons in the '80s were called Safaris, I think..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I thought "Safari" was Pontiac's way of saying "Wagon"... much like Oldsmobile used "Cruiser"

Yes....'55-57 it was used on the Nomad equivalent 2dr specialty wagon, but after that it was pretty much across the board...

There was a 6000 Safari for sure. Same with the '89 fullsize Safari. I own a '88 Pontiac Safari. That's it. No Bonneville, no Parisenne... right on the title, its a Safari. It was like this in '87 and '89, as well. The Safari FSM is probably the only wagon only FSM GM wrote. In 1990, the "successor" was the dustbuster.

By 1990, all Pontiac wagons where gone (apparently forever). Some would argue the Vibe is a wagon, but most Pontiac fans would argue its a Toyota.