Sign in to follow this  
balthazar

Trivia Tuesday: February 24, 2015

In our last Trivia Tuesday, we had a car painted with tiger stripes. This time around, we have a Thunderbird with a gigantic hole in its side! Can you answer our Trivia Tuesday questions?

• The 'Farm-O-Road' utility vehicle was produced by which automaker?
  • All the GM car Divisions reached their V8 displacement zeniths in model year 1970… except for one which did so 2 years removed from the others.
  • What nickname did Buick have for it's straight eight engine of the 1940s and 1950s?
  • What decade in automotive history saw the largest leap in rated horsepower within a single brand?
  • What was the first model year for the Chevrolet Biscayne and the last model year for the Bel Air?
  • What is going on with the Thunderbird in this pic?

Posted Image

Answers to the last Trivia Tuesday:

• International Race of Champions
  • 1967 Lincoln
  • Ranger (Ford), Citation (Chevy), Pacer (AMC)
  • 1949 2-dr hardtop body style
  • Mercury Cougar
  • Tiger Balm

Click here to view the article

#1 Crosley, Just read a book on this about 2 months ago.

#2 Fireball 8

#3 I know you are thinking of something else but the  Twin six 702 V12 GMC was the largest road gas engine GM offered but it was 1960-65 I believe. Not sure what you are looking for. The 455 SD Pontiac did not arrive till June 73.

#4 As a percentage I would guess Olds from 5 HP in 1901 to 60 HP  in 1910. It could be a number of models back then as they all had nothing for power to start and grew at a fast rate. I picked Olds as this was a GM based web site.

#5 1958 Biscayne first year Last year Bel Air was 75 in the states but I have seen later ones sold in Canada. We used to see them here in Ohio once in a while in the  late 70's and early 80's

#6 1955 Turbine powered Thunderbird. Raised hood intake and large exhaust looks like a Turbine engine.

Yes I just caught where I got the two reversed.

I will have to do some thinking on #2 That one is not coming to me yet. I will have to think about it more.

Ok here we go.

#1 Crosley

#2 Oldsmobile 455 was first used in 1968 in the full size cars and Hurst Olds.

#3 Fireball 8

#4 As a percentage I would guess Olds from 5 HP in 1901 to 60 HP in 1910. It could be a number of models back then as they all had nothing for power to start and grew at a fast rate as a percentage. I picked Olds as this was a GM based web site.

#5 1958 Biscayne first year Last year Bel Air was 75 in the states but I have seen later ones sold in Canada. We used to see them here in Ohio once in a while in the late 70's and early 80's

#6 1955 Turbine powered Thunderbird. Raised hood intake and large exhaust looks like a Turbine engine.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook