dfelt

April Car Spotting Thread

11 posts in this topic

dfelt    1,777

Kicking off since I did not see an April Car spotting thread.

Was over picking up my Durango as the Trans needed rebuilding. I got 223,000 miles on it before I had to rebuild it. 

Saw this Cherry of a Buick at the shop.

post-12-0-03140400-1460000024_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Always see some interesting cars in Scottsdale...saw not one, but two Chevy SSes--a bright red one and one in that bright blue I like.  Also saw a clean '10-ish Camaro in that bright Mountain Dew green (was called Synergy Green IIRC)--haven't seen one of those at least 5 years.   Saw a bright blue '16 Volt, first one of the new ones I've seen out and about...the silver upper and lower grille trim seems a bit overwrought.   Also saw two Leafs (Leaves?)--one in silver with green leaf decals on the sides, and one white.  

The winner, though was the new '16 Prius in matte black w/ black wheels, and a custom front Euro-style plate that read '1BADAZZMF'... go figure...

Saw a black Tesla Model X today in traffic, first one I'd seen. Basically looks like a taller Model S. Also saw a nice white 68 Ford F-350 Custom Cab stake bed truck...

Also saw a current generation Ram C/V (Caravan cargo van) with the usual blanked out side windows, but also with the rear hatch window blanked out..never seen a blind box one...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

dfelt    1,777

^ What is that ugly car? Never seen it before. While the doors are cool the rest of it fails in my eyes for style.

ccap41    1,162

Damn.. You guys ave gotten to see a P1 in person?!? Jealous. I have my jealous pants on right now. 

Well my post now sucks.. I was going to say I saw a TSX Wagon today and I thought that was rare.. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      The past few years have been tiring if you happen to be a millennial. There has been countless articles talking about how this group are not buying houses or vehicles. Of course, the reason is that millennials don't have the money (saddled with more debt, having entry-level salaries, etc). But that is changing. According to a report from Bloomberg, millennials are beginning to head out to the suburbs, and purchasing houses and cars. The reason? They're having their baby boom.
      According to data from the Zillow Group, Americans aged from 18 to 34 have become the largest group of home buyers, with almost half living in the suburbs. They're upsizing their vehicles as well to go with their new home. Large SUV sales jumped 11 percent in first half of this year according to Ford Motor Co. Midsize SUVs rose 9 percent and small SUVs jumped 4 percent in the same timeframe.
      “We do see that demographic group driving larger sport utility sales as they acquire homes, create families and gain some wealth,” said Michelle Krebs, an analyst at car-shopping website Autotrader.
      “They started with compact sport utilities and now, with families, they’re moving up.”
      Expect more millennials to follow suit. LMC Automotive estimates that sales of large SUVs will rise 25 percent between now and 2025.
      “There’s no question people are waiting longer, but people still want to have children. As long as people have children and those children grow and acquire friendships, it requires more space,” said Erich Merkle, Ford’s U.S. sales analyst.
      Currently, the largest group of buyers for midsize and large SUVs are Gen Xers, but millennials are expected to eclipse them due to there being a large number of them - about 80 million.
      “There’s going to be an extra 25 million people passing into and through the 35- to 44-year-old demographic over the next 10 to 15 years,” Merkle said.
      “That’s going to lead to a gradual increase in the growth of large and midsize SUVs that’s already starting to happen.”
      Source: Bloomberg

View full article
    • By William Maley
      The past few years have been tiring if you happen to be a millennial. There has been countless articles talking about how this group are not buying houses or vehicles. Of course, the reason is that millennials don't have the money (saddled with more debt, having entry-level salaries, etc). But that is changing. According to a report from Bloomberg, millennials are beginning to head out to the suburbs, and purchasing houses and cars. The reason? They're having their baby boom.
      According to data from the Zillow Group, Americans aged from 18 to 34 have become the largest group of home buyers, with almost half living in the suburbs. They're upsizing their vehicles as well to go with their new home. Large SUV sales jumped 11 percent in first half of this year according to Ford Motor Co. Midsize SUVs rose 9 percent and small SUVs jumped 4 percent in the same timeframe.
      “We do see that demographic group driving larger sport utility sales as they acquire homes, create families and gain some wealth,” said Michelle Krebs, an analyst at car-shopping website Autotrader.
      “They started with compact sport utilities and now, with families, they’re moving up.”
      Expect more millennials to follow suit. LMC Automotive estimates that sales of large SUVs will rise 25 percent between now and 2025.
      “There’s no question people are waiting longer, but people still want to have children. As long as people have children and those children grow and acquire friendships, it requires more space,” said Erich Merkle, Ford’s U.S. sales analyst.
      Currently, the largest group of buyers for midsize and large SUVs are Gen Xers, but millennials are expected to eclipse them due to there being a large number of them - about 80 million.
      “There’s going to be an extra 25 million people passing into and through the 35- to 44-year-old demographic over the next 10 to 15 years,” Merkle said.
      “That’s going to lead to a gradual increase in the growth of large and midsize SUVs that’s already starting to happen.”
      Source: Bloomberg
    • By William Maley
      April's auto sales are one most automakers would like to pretend never happen due to big declines. But if there is a silver lining to April sales, it has to go to small sports cars.
      Automotive News ran the numbers and found that sales of small sports cars rose 3.4 percent so far this year. Contrast this with 12 percent drop in overall demand for cars. The big winner in this group was the Mazda MX-5 Miata with sales up 35 percent so far this year. Sales in April declined slightly from March (1,319 vs. 1,345 units), but rose sharply when compared to January (929) and February (1,108). 
      Other models saw noticeable increases:
      Fiat 124 Spider saw its sales rise from 240 in January to 465 in April BMW's Z4 rose 42 percent so far this year (though it should be noted this model went out of production last August) Toyota 86 saw a small rise in overall sales Jaguar F-Type posted its best monthly sales of 406 units Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)
    • By William Maley
      April's auto sales are one most automakers would like to pretend never happen due to big declines. But if there is a silver lining to April sales, it has to go to small sports cars.
      Automotive News ran the numbers and found that sales of small sports cars rose 3.4 percent so far this year. Contrast this with 12 percent drop in overall demand for cars. The big winner in this group was the Mazda MX-5 Miata with sales up 35 percent so far this year. Sales in April declined slightly from March (1,319 vs. 1,345 units), but rose sharply when compared to January (929) and February (1,108). 
      Other models saw noticeable increases:
      Fiat 124 Spider saw its sales rise from 240 in January to 465 in April BMW's Z4 rose 42 percent so far this year (though it should be noted this model went out of production last August) Toyota 86 saw a small rise in overall sales Jaguar F-Type posted its best monthly sales of 406 units Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

View full article
    • By William Maley
      May was a horrible month for automakers as many reported sales drops. Part of this can be attributed sales of cars (especially sedans) imploding. According to Automotive News, the 15 largest automakers all posted lower car sales. Overall car sales dropped 16 percent.

"We don't get a lot of ups on cars right now, as far as people even wanting a price on them," said Gary Uftring, president of Uftring Auto Group in Peoria, Ill.

"Styling has changed, and what people want to be seen in is a crossover or a sport utility."

Case in point, light-truck sales rose 2.4 percent in May.

Sedans were the hardest hit for May. Here's a rundown of the big losers,
      Toyota Camry and Prius saw a decrease of about 7,000 models when compared to sales last May BMW 5-Series, Ford Focus, and Ford Fusion all saw a drop of over 20 percent Worst month of any kind for the Chevrolet Impala, down 54 percent.

Barclays Capital analyst Brian Johnson says the U.S. has gone into a 'sedan recession,' and could hurt sales down the road.

"Excess supply and weak demand for sedans is likely to yield added price pressures. One trend that may accelerate the sedan recession is weakness in deep subprime credit, which largely supports used car values -- especially for sedans."

Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)