Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

Jeep News: Spying: Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, Now With Added Intakes

We know the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is real thanks to Jeep's CEO. Now we have two different set of spy shots giving us some clues about what to expect.

First up is a set provided to Motor1 where Jeep was doing cold weather testing in Northern Michigan. The prominent thing these shots show is a large air intake sitting underneath the seven slot grille. Considering the Trackhawk will be packing the Hellcat supercharged V8, the extra intake isn't that surprising. Next is a set that appeared on Autoblog. These shots show even more intakes on the bumper and larger brakes.

What is still unclear is how much power the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk will produce.

Source: Motor1.com, Autoblog

Click here to view the article

Very cool, wonder if this will have more, same or less than the Durango Hellcat?

I love how FCA's solution to their woes is put a Hellcat V8 in everything.  I mean sure that will be a unique vehicle to have a 700 hp Grand Cherokee or Durango, so kudos to them for doing it.  But at the same time, I feel like they spend no money on things like small or mid-size sedans, or crossovers for Dodge or Chrysler.  I don't how you run a company basically ignoring the largest segments of vehicles and relying only on Jeep, Ram pickups and Hellcat V8s.  If gas ever goes back over $4 a gallon they are bankrupt.