smk4565

Tesla Model X Head 2 Head

We'll it was nice while it lastest for 42 seconds and American Engineering proved to be better again than anything overseas!

I actually saw a Model X P90 yesterday, in an electric blue color.  I think it is amazing that a 7 passenger SUV can beat a Charger Hellcat or CTS-V, Jaguar F-type R, etc in a 0-60 sprint or a 1/4 mile.  I am pretty excited about the future of electric cars, it is like going from dial up to broad band.  Even 5 years or  so ago when the X5 M or the AMG SUVs came out with 0-60 times of 4.5 or whatever the case was, sub 5 seconds 0-60 time in an SUV was like breaking the 4 minute mile, it was unheard of.  The Model X would mop the floor with them; the progress in a relatively short amount of time is amazing.

If I am buying a EV SUV I would be just fine with good acceleration and toss the rest into better and more range. If I want to go fast I am not buying an SUV or EV in the first place. 

• Upvote 1

You can get a Model X with "good acceleration" and save tens of thousands of dollars.

I think if Tesla makes it into the big game, their Model X will eventually morph into a flagship SUV (as if it isn't already), and another model with conventional doors will be the volume option.

Even tho the X generally stickers higher, IMO the Model S is far above the X in stature. To me, the X is a Tesla 'also-ran' while the S is the aspirational unit.

I think an even bigger mistake than the gull-wing doors was the space-age framed, mono-post seats - which will looking incredible, cannot be folded. Also, the Gullwing doors meant no roof-racks.

The Model X is really an absurd vehicle, like the the Bentayga. But then get, the average Model X is sold well above $100,000. And the leases are expensive as hell too.

Stated before but; the engineering mistake with the Model X is that the falcon doors weren't on the FRONT doors. 3/4ths of the time no one is in the back seat, plus the entire 'works in tight parking spaces' is patently absurd… unless the DRIVER never exits the vehicle in said tight space.

Model X summed up :

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • Similar Content

• By dfelt
      Cool Tesla Videos Thread

• By dfelt
      This is a great video to watch on the response of a 97 year old grandfather.

• By dfelt
      Tesla End of Year Updates Letter
      Seems Tesla is looking to simplify their product portfolio, Effective immediately all Model S and X now come standard with Dual Motors. they are also pushing solar options, trying to grab money in reservations for the new roadster and offering Free Supercharging with 5 year extended warranty.

• By Drew Dowdell
      PepsiCo has placed a pre-order for 100 of Tesla's recently released Semi-Truck.  Wal-Mart, J.B. Hunt, and Sysco have also placed orders. Reuters tallies the total so far at 285 units.  Tesla was initially asking for a $5,000 reservation fee, but has since increased that to $20,000.
      Pepsico plans on using the trucks for lighter snack items and fixed routes between distribution centers.  An order of 100 trucks represents about 1% of Pepsi's 10,000 strong fleet. Over 260,000 conventional semi-trucks are produced each year.
      The Tesla Semi has a promised range of 500 miles with 80,000 lbs at 65 mph. Promised performance increases over a conventional diesel include the ability to maintain 65 mph up a 5% grade versus 45 mph for the typical diesel, and an unladen 0-60 time of just 5 seconds and 20 seconds with an 80,000 lb. load.
      The Tesla Semi will go into production in 2019, but test mules have already been spotted in the wild.

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      PepsiCo has placed a pre-order for 100 of Tesla's recently released Semi-Truck.  Wal-Mart, J.B. Hunt, and Sysco have also placed orders. Reuters tallies the total so far at 285 units.  Tesla was initially asking for a $5,000 reservation fee, but has since increased that to $20,000.
      Pepsico plans on using the trucks for lighter snack items and fixed routes between distribution centers.  An order of 100 trucks represents about 1% of Pepsi's 10,000 strong fleet. Over 260,000 conventional semi-trucks are produced each year.
      The Tesla Semi has a promised range of 500 miles with 80,000 lbs at 65 mph. Promised performance increases over a conventional diesel include the ability to maintain 65 mph up a 5% grade versus 45 mph for the typical diesel, and an unladen 0-60 time of just 5 seconds and 20 seconds with an 80,000 lb. load.
      The Tesla Semi will go into production in 2019, but test mules have already been spotted in the wild.
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook