Frisky Dingo

C&D Lightning Lap 2016!!!

12 posts in this topic

"Birds vaporized by Ferraris: 1" - Hahaha best thing read in the article!

1LE in any form is one badass track-ready car. Period.

Little Focus RS on the heels of the 707hp Charger is pretty cool.

Grand Sport punches waaaay above it's weight class on a race track. It finished basically door to door with the baddest of the bad 911's.

GT350R put a surprising hurting on the M4 GTS. By the ways of 1.1 seconds. 130k track-ready M4 bested by a Ford at it's own game.

V6 1LE bested a 2011 GT500, 2015 Mustang GT, 2009 CTS-V, 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2007 R8, 2008-9 M3, 2006 Vette Z51, and the list of impressive cars it put the smack down on goes on... Alpha:1 World: 0

...I still don't care about the Viper...

Edited by ccap41

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Germans had a very disappointing showing here, especially the R8. 911 did ok for it's power, but to barely surpass a car that costs 1/2 the price is a bit of a sting. The Grand Sport did awesome. GT350 R beat out the M4 GTS for half the cost. The GTS is not worth anywhere near it's asking price. And yes, the 1LE's are monsters!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

The Germans had a very disappointing showing here, especially the R8. 911 did ok for it's power, but to barely surpass a car that costs 1/2 the price is a bit of a sting. The Grand Sport did awesome. GT350 R beat out the M4 GTS for half the cost. The GTS is not worth anywhere near it's asking price. And yes, the 1LE's are monsters!

The V6 1LE actually didn't even sound too bad either.. Grand Sport, GT350R, and 1LEs are just monsters in their respective classes.

US really had a great showing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

The V6 1LE actually didn't even sound too bad either.. Grand Sport, GT350R, and 1LEs are just monsters in their respective classes.

US really had a great showing.

Not to mention our stuff just looks so damn much better.  Which would you rather drive...BMW or a Mustang, Cadillac, Viper, or Camaro?

I watch SCCA Trans Am re runs all of the time on you tube, nothing like American iron driven in Anger!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Not to mention our stuff just looks so damn much better.  Which would you rather drive...BMW or a Mustang, Cadillac, Viper, or Camaro?

I watch SCCA Trans Am re runs all of the time on you tube, nothing like American iron driven in Anger!

Ehhhh Camaro doesn't look the greatest to me, I'm over the Viper.. Just better all around cars for the money, imo. It's a monster track car but it sucks at anything else. But I do love Cadillac and Mustangs!

Did you watch any of the lightning lap videos? The Grand Sport looked like you could do almost anything with it and it would just stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Ehhhh Camaro doesn't look the greatest to me, I'm over the Viper.. Just better all around cars for the money, imo. It's a monster track car but it sucks at anything else. But I do love Cadillac and Mustangs!

Did you watch any of the lightning lap videos? The Grand Sport looked like you could do almost anything with it and it would just stick.

Ohhhh yes!

I tend to be really non judgemental on cars when it comes to specialty stuff. Too many good friends with Vipers and way too much fun with these cars for me not to like them.  Latest Camaro i think is downright gorgeous.

 

Off topic, but Domestic goodness galore in this clip....Amy Ruman is a personal hero of mine, she is one hell of a Corvette driver, and I love road racing.

 

 

...and the challengers look completely bad to the bone on a road course...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The touring car masters is an Australian vintage series that sees both American and Australian iron....can you tell I am a bit of a pony car fan?  My handle here used to be 66 stang.

...and glad to see the 1LE name plate live on....I have seen a ton of older 80's era 1LE cars in SCCA competition in the past, was a very neat package.  GM is doing a lot right at the moment.

I would love to have seen an Ecoboost 4 in the LL challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.