Happy Mothah's Day!

To all you mothas out there. Ha. Hey though, what are you guys doing for your mothers today? You'd best not forget her, or she'll "accidentally" put something red in the washer with your tighty whities so they come out pink!

For the last few years, I've been taking my mom to Baltimore's Inner Harbor for lunch at Legal Seafood, then a stroll around the harbor attractions. This year it's cool and cloudy with the threat of rain, so we're sticking close to home. I just hope we can find a restaurant that's not packed.

:lol:

im broke so..i hope a good breakfast with some of my chickens fresh eggs better suffice! (shes not home yet..shes partying without us :P)

The Inner Harbor is always a nice place to go, but yeah, those storms are moving up from Richmond, and we're not taking any chances. We'll probably end up taking her out to dinner at Outback or Olive Garden, but the only thing holding that back is my dad-he says that she's not his mother, so he doesn't have to take her out to dinner. He thinks that my broke self can afford Olive Garden and somehow fly her into town. (I don't have a car or a learner's permit). If he wants a bed tonite, he'll change his tune...

To all you mothas out there.  Ha.  Hey though, what are you guys doing for your mothers today?  You'd best not forget her, or she'll "accidentally" put something red in the washer with your tighty whities so they come out pink!

For the last few years, I've been taking my mom to Baltimore's Inner Harbor for lunch at Legal Seafood, then a stroll around the harbor attractions.  This year it's cool and cloudy with the threat of rain, so we're sticking close to home.  I just hope we can find a restaurant that's not packed.

I'm really pissed at my Mom on this Mother's Day. Plus I don't live geographically close by. When I lived up north, we would go to a brunch at "Rippling River" - a resort near Mt. Hood and it was worth the 40 mile drive. The items in the bOOOffet were off the Richter scale.

Yo, PB, the map of Eastern PA isn't gelling in my brain right now....do you live closer to Baltimore or to Philly? How far is either of them from you? I had a good friend that lived in Hunt Valley MD (nice area, actually) who chose to return to his home town of Indianapolis...(you know, Crocland).. because he missed being near his family. Personally, I would have stayed in Hunt Valley/Baltimore (between those 2) since you can get to the beach much easier.

Edited by trinacriabob

It's about 1.5-1.75 hours to Baltimore. I could either go over to York (across the Susquehanna from me), and down 83, or I could go down and get on 95 (prolly a quicker trek). Philly is about an hour East of here on 30. When I lived in Easton, Maryland, I was in a perfect spot on the Eastern Shore... about 45 minutes from Annapolis on the Western Shore, an hour from Baltimore and 1.25 hours from DC... and about an hour from the ocean beaches... Rehoboth, Ocean City, Assateague (naked spot). So yeah, I miss it down there, actually. It now takes me 3 hours to get to the ocean beaches... but only 1.5 hours to get to the campground I like to go to.