William Maley

Mercedez Benz News Mercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain Could Be Arriving In the U.S.

4 posts in this topic

Mercedes-Benz will be launching the E-Class All-Terrain wagon in Europe to take on the likes of the Audi A6 Allroad and Volvo V90 Cross Country. But Mercedes might bring the All-Terrain to the U.S.

"We're still debating that and thinking about it. It's a very, very exciting vehicle, and we're taking a look at overall production, volumes that we have to have and business case and so on. So we'll see. Decision not finally made," said Mercedes-Benz USA CEO Dietmar Exler.

Mercedes already announced that the regular E-Class wagon would be coming to the U.S. early next year, so trying to build up a case for bringing the All-Terrain becomes slightly easier. Also, a number of automakers that still sell wagons in the U.S. make them somewhat capable off-road to take advantage of the current SUV/Crossover craze.

If Mercedes' U.S. office is able to make a case, Exler said it could arrive as early as next year.

Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)


View full article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This All Terrain wagon could do very well if it is butch enough. They need to give it enough look and capability to make it rock to those that want the wagon over CUV / SUV look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question is does the current E-class buyer base want this, or do they want a regular E-class wagon.  I don't know if a $70k wagon is going to steal a lot of crossover sales, there aren't a lot of crossovers in that price point, and it is a small market.  E-class wagon buyers are one of Mercedes most affluent customers though, so they'll want to keep those people happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a luxury brand, so these affluent folks should not have a problem paying the price if they are wanting a luxury off road capable driving machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Similar Content

    • By William Maley
      Mercedes-Benz USA Reports September Sales Of 29,008
      Oct 3, 2017, ATLANTA – Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) today reported September sales of 29,008 units, compared to 29,500 vehicles sold during the same period last year. Mercedes-Benz Vans reported best-ever September sales with 3,088 units (up 4.0%) and smart reported 241 units, bringing the MBUSA grand total to 32,337 vehicles for the month. On a year-to-date basis, Mercedes-Benz retails totaled 242,250 units.
      "The hurricanes in Texas, Florida and Puerto Rico certainly caused some disruption in September, but our dealers did a fantastic job to maintain business. We are also seeing continued positive developments for our SUVs," said Dietmar Exler, president and CEO of MBUSA. "We expect to regain momentum in the final quarter of the year with the launch of the new S-Class Sedan, AMG models and continued demand for our SUV lineup."
      Mercedes-Benz volume leaders in September included the C-Class, GLC and GLE model lines. The C-Class took the lead at 6,194, followed by GLC sales of 4,662. The GLE rounded out the top three with 4,583 units sold.
      Mercedes-AMG high-performance models sold 2,445 units in September, with a total 23,566 sold year-to-date (up 50.7%).
      Separately, Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned (MBCPO) models recorded sales of 8,725 vehicles in September, a decrease of 9.1% when compared to the same month last year (9,598). On a year-to-date basis, MBCPO sold 87,677 vehicles, a decrease of 4.9% over 2016 (92,234).
    • By William Maley
      Those who were hoping for a return performance of the Ford Fiesta ST will be disappointed to hear this news. According to CarBuzz, the director of Ford Performance of Europe, Leo Roeks said there isn't enough interest to bring the new model over.
      “It’s simply a matter of a lack of interest in the B-segment in America. It doesn’t make sense, nor is it possible financially speaking, to import a single trim level, and a niche one at that,” Roeks said.
      This news isn't that all surprising. Subcompacts have been seeing their sales drop for the past two years, and 2017 isn't looking much better. The Fiesta was one of the hardest hit models, seeing a decline of 24.3 percent in 2016. As we reported in the rumorpile back in July , Ford was considering cutting the Fiesta in either late 2018 or 2019. This was further bolstered by comments made Fiesta program manager Robert Stiller.
      When reached for comment by Autoblog, Ford issued this statement,
      "We have introduced the next-generation Fiesta for Europe and Middle East & Africa. We'll have more to say about other markets at a later date. Customer demand for small vehicles continues to grow globally, and Fiesta is an important part of our portfolio."
      We have two things to say. One, Ford STOP BEING SO CAGEY AND JUST TELL US IF THE FIESTA IS COMING OR GOING! Two, if you have been considering a Fiesta ST, you might want to consider picking one up ASAP.
      Source: CarBuzz, Autoblog

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      Those who were hoping for a return performance of the Ford Fiesta ST will be disappointed to hear this news. According to CarBuzz, the director of Ford Performance of Europe, Leo Roeks said there isn't enough interest to bring the new model over.
      “It’s simply a matter of a lack of interest in the B-segment in America. It doesn’t make sense, nor is it possible financially speaking, to import a single trim level, and a niche one at that,” Roeks said.
      This news isn't that all surprising. Subcompacts have been seeing their sales drop for the past two years, and 2017 isn't looking much better. The Fiesta was one of the hardest hit models, seeing a decline of 24.3 percent in 2016. As we reported in the rumorpile back in July , Ford was considering cutting the Fiesta in either late 2018 or 2019. This was further bolstered by comments made Fiesta program manager Robert Stiller.
      When reached for comment by Autoblog, Ford issued this statement,
      "We have introduced the next-generation Fiesta for Europe and Middle East & Africa. We'll have more to say about other markets at a later date. Customer demand for small vehicles continues to grow globally, and Fiesta is an important part of our portfolio."
      We have two things to say. One, Ford STOP BEING SO CAGEY AND JUST TELL US IF THE FIESTA IS COMING OR GOING! Two, if you have been considering a Fiesta ST, you might want to consider picking one up ASAP.
      Source: CarBuzz, Autoblog
    • By William Maley
      As PSA Group - parent company of Citroen, DS, and Peugeot - gradually makes moves into possibly selling vehicles into the U.S., they are taking the next step by engineering their next-generation vehicles to meet U.S. regulations.
      "That means that from three years down the road we'll be able to push the button, if we decide to do so, in terms of product compliance vis-a-vis the U.S. regulations," said PSA Group CEO Carlos Tavares to Automotive News.
      Tavares also said PSA has decided which of three brands will be the first appeared in the U.S., but it isn't ready to announce which one.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      As PSA Group - parent company of Citroen, DS, and Peugeot - gradually makes moves into possibly selling vehicles into the U.S., they are taking the next step by engineering their next-generation vehicles to meet U.S. regulations.
      "That means that from three years down the road we'll be able to push the button, if we decide to do so, in terms of product compliance vis-a-vis the U.S. regulations," said PSA Group CEO Carlos Tavares to Automotive News.
      Tavares also said PSA has decided which of three brands will be the first appeared in the U.S., but it isn't ready to announce which one.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)
  • My Clubs

  • Who's Online (See full list)