Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

Subaru News: 2017 Subaru Impreza To Begin At $19,215

Subaru has announced pricing for the upcoming 2017 Impreza sedan and hatchback. The sedan kicks off at $19,215 and the hatchback starts at $19,715 (prices include an $820 destination charge). Compared to the outgoing model, the 2017 Impreza is about $100 more expensive.

The Impreza features a revised version of the 2.0L boxer-four engine producing 152 horsepower. A five-speed manual is standard on the base and new Sport trim, while a CVT is standard on the Premium and Limited models. The base and Sport can get a CVT for an additional $1,000.

Standard equipment on all Imprezas includes a touchscreen system (6.5-inches for base and Premium, 8-inches for Sport and Limited), Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility; power locks and windows, backup camera, and tilt and telescoping steering column. Higher trims get larger wheels, windshield wiper de-icer, LED headlights, push-button start, automatic climate control, and more.

The Sport lives up to its name as it will feature different suspension tuning and active torque vectoring.

The 2017 Impreza arrives at dealers later this year. If you want a manual, you'll need to wait till early next year.

Source: Subaru
Press Release is on Page 2

October 18, 2016
Subaru Announces Pricing on All-New 2017 Impreza Models

• First Impreza built in the U.S.
  • Sedan and 5-door Models offering up to 38mpg
  • New Subaru Global Platform
  • 2.0-liter Boxer Engine with Direct Injection
  • Enhanced Safety, Comfort and Agility, priced $100 over previous model

Cherry Hill, N.J. -  Subaru of America, Inc. today announced pricing on the all-new 2017 Impreza sedan and 5-door models. The Impreza debuts the new Subaru Global Platform that is designed to deliver significantly higher levels of driving engagement, interior refinement, crash protection and ride comfort. As with previous generations, every Impreza is equipped standard with Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive and a SUBARU BOXER® engine. Pricing begins just $100 over previous model year at $18,395.

The 2017 Subaru Impreza will be offered in four trim levels: 2.0i, 2.0i Premium, 2.0i Sport and 2.0i Limited when it arrives at Subaru retailers. Models equipped with Subaru’s Lineartronic® Continuously Variable Transmission will arrive late 2016 while 5-speed manual models will be available in early 2017.

The 2.0i starts with an extensive roster of standard features including a 6.5-inch multimedia touchscreen; Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™ compatibility, power windows with auto up/down on both driver and passenger sides; 60/40-split fold-down rear seat; power door locks and side mirrors; multi-function display with fuel economy information; tilt and telescoping steering column; security system with engine immobilizer; carpeted floor mats; and more.

The $21,195  Premium trim adds SUBARU STARLINK™ Safety and Security features, 16-inch alloy wheels, the All-Weather Package featuring heated front seats, windshield wiper de-icer, and heated exterior mirrors as well as automatic headlights. Premium 5-door Imprezas also feature standard roof rails (not available on 2.0i or 5-door Impreza 2.0i Sport). Stepping up to the Premium trim also brings wider option availability, including a power moonroof and driver assist technology systems.

The new Subaru Global Platform, together with the SUBARU BOXER® engine; Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive (AWD); and EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology, represent the brand’s core technologies and constitutes the basic foundation of the next generation of Subaru vehicles. Impreza’s new platform incorporates a redesigned structure with optimized cross sections and highly stiffened joints between sections to significantly enhance straight-line stability, agility, and ride comfort while suppressing noise, vibration, and harshness to a degree not seen in the compact class. Specifically, the new platform increases rigidity of the unitized body structure by over 70 percent.

Taking full advantage of the new stiffer platform and more powerful engine, the Impreza 2.0i Sport, available in sedan and 5-door, delivers a more fun-to-drive performance feel thanks to exclusive suspension tuning, 18-inch machine-finish alloy wheels and Active Torque Vectoring. Subaru aimed for a new ride/handling balance benchmark in the compact segment. Sport models are priced from $21,995.

Exclusive exterior styling and features setting the Impreza Sport apart include standard LED daytime running lights (DRL), black-finish front grille, body-color rocker panels, and turn signal side mirrors. The Impreza Sport 5-Door features gloss black rear gate trim, while the Sport Sedan has a rear trunk spoiler. Inside the Sport, unique black cloth upholstery is trimmed with red stitching, a motif that repeats for the steering wheel, gear shift, instrument panel, and door trim. The instrument panel incorporates exclusive Sport gauges and a Multi-Function Display.

The Sport comes well equipped, with upgrades over the Impreza Premium that include the SUBARU STARLINK™ 8.0-inch Multimedia system, and a new Harman/Kardon® premium audio system is available. Keyless Access & Push-Button Start, aluminum pedals, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift handle, and a CVT shift boot round out the Sport’s enhanced standard when equipped with CVT.

A revised version of the FB 2.0-liter 4-cylinder Boxer engine gains direct fuel injection and other enhancements to boost both performance (now 152-hp vs. 148 before) and drivability. In highline trims, the Lineartronic® CVT (continuously variable transmission) features a 7-speed manual mode function with steering wheel paddle shifters that allow the driver to control the transmission via seven pre-set ratios. The new Impreza continues to be one of the most fuel-efficient all-wheel-drive compact sedans in America offering up to 38mpg highway on CVT models. Manual transmission model and mpg will be available in early 2017.

Impreza Model City Highway Combined
2.0i Sedan CVT 28 38 32
2.0i Sport Sedan CVT 27 36 30
2.0i 5-Door CVT 28 37 31
2.0i Sport 5-Door 27 35 30

Subaru designed the 2017 Impreza to provide even higher levels of safety than the outgoing model, which was named an IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK and a TOP SAFETY PICK+ (when equipped with available EyeSight). The new platform underpinning the 2017 Impreza improves crash energy absorption by 40 percent over present models.

The EyeSight system includes Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Pre-Collision Braking, Pre-Collision Throttle Management and Lane Departure and Sway Warning.  Blind Spot Detection with Lane Keep Assist and Rear Cross Traffic Alert are also available. Also new are available Steering Responsive Headlights, which can illuminate curves as the vehicle steers into them, and High Beam Assist, which automatically activates and deactivates the high beam headlamps based on driving conditions. All 2017 Impreza models include, as standard equipment, front seat side impact airbags, side curtain airbags and a driver’s knee airbag.

The 2017 Impreza adds additional driver-assist technologies, including Reverse Automatic Braking and the display of steering lines for the standard rear vision camera. Reverse Automatic Braking can apply the vehicle’s brakes if an obstacle is detected while reversing. A new 4-way Tire Pressure Monitoring System can detect pressure drops at individual wheels.

Subaru has elevated the Limited trim for the 2017 Impreza into more luxurious territory. The exterior looks more upscale with LED headlights and distinctive “Konoji” LED daytime running lights (DRL) and standard 17-inch machine finished alloy wheels. Judicious use of exterior chrome trim and turn signal side mirrors add a touch of elegance. Limited trim Imprezas begin at $24,095.

The Limited’s leather trimmed interior features contrast stitching on the door armrests and instrument panel, and the 6-way power driver’s seat is the first ever in an Impreza. Standard amenities include an automatic climate control system, leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter, Keyless Access & Push-Button Start and 8-inch STARLINK Multimedia audio unit. The exclusive instrument panel features white gauge cluster illumination, and new Harman/Kardon® premium audio is available in the Impreza for the first time. Models equipped with EyeSight also include High Beam Assist.  Lastly, the available navigation system now features maps provided by TomTom.

SUBARU STARLINK™ Multimedia systems offer the latest in digital music playing, Bluetooth® wireless capability, iPod® control, smartphone integration and more. The display screen acts as the display for the standard rear vision camera, and the top-level system includes navigation.

SUBARU STARLINK™ Connected Services comes with the Safety Plus package that offers SOS Emergency Assistance, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, Automatic Collision Notification, Maintenance Notifications, Monthly Vehicle Health Report, and Diagnostic Alerts. This package can be upgraded to the Safety Plus & Security Plus package that adds Stolen Vehicle Recovery Service, Vehicle Security Alarm Notification, Remote Lock/Unlock, Remote Horn and Lights and Remote Vehicle Locator.

View full article

If I can get this in a manual, I may well pull the trigger on the spring to replace the Jetta. Did not know they were going to offer a manual. Around here, almost EVERYTHING is automatic.

• Upvote 1

Daggone, the 5-door Impreza Sport with manual is going to be the hatch to beat, and with comparable fuel mileage to the Cruze hatch... there is a clear winner in the Impreza.

12 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Daggone, the 5-door Impreza Sport with manual is going to be the hatch to beat, and with comparable fuel mileage to the Cruze hatch... there is a clear winner in the Impreza.

Being that we both live in the snow belt, AWD would not be bad to have.

12 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Being that we both live in the snow belt, AWD would not be bad to have.

Yeah my commute is 48 miles per day.  I believe I need the piece of mind that 4WD/AWD affords me.  The trick is finding something economical that doesn't give up utility.

11 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Yeah my commute is 48 miles per day.  I believe I need the piece of mind that 4WD/AWD affords me.  The trick is finding something economical that doesn't give up utility.

The new Subaru's have much better fuel economy.

...and yeah, I drive all over the place.  Will have over 50,000 on the Jetta when it hits the two year of ownership mark.

I brought my truck home on Valentine's Day, 2015, and I have 30,400 miles on it.

On 10/21/2016 at 7:26 PM, ocnblu said:

I brought my truck home on Valentine's Day, 2015, and I have 30,400 miles on it.

Cool....!

We bought the TDI Jetta Shortly after that and we are about to turn over 46,000.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

1. NOS2006
      NOS2006
  • Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Despite the popularity of compact crossovers, it seems somewhat odd there isn’t a large number of hybrid variants. In fact, there is only one available, the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid. Going hybrid usually means a hit in performance and cargo space. But in the case of the RAV4 Hybrid, it is quicker than the standard model and cargo space isn’t greatly affected. I spent some time with the RAV4 Hybrid over the holidays where it was driven to Northern Michigan and back. This is what I learned.
      The RAV4 Hybrid’s powertrain is comprised of a 2.5L four-cylinder, three electric motors (one acting as the engine starter and battery charger, the other two drive the wheels and provide AWD), and a Sealed Nickel-Metal Hydride battery pack. Total output is rated at 194 horsepower. Power is routed through a CVT. Fuel economy figures are noticeably better than the RAV4 SE AWD I drove last year - 34 City/30 Highway/32 Combined for the Hybrid vs. 22/29/25 for the standard RAV4. My average for the week landed around 30.7 MPG. I think the average could have been higher if Michigan had not experienced a cold snap where temperatures fell to single digits at times, causing the engine to run longer to keep the vehicle warm. The hybrid also feels slightly quicker than the standard RAV4 thanks to the electric motors providing instantaneous torque when leaving a stop. But merging on to a freeway or passing becomes a bit unpleasant as the engine pegs at high rpms to provide the power needed. This also brings forth a lot of noise from the engine and CVT. Doing a lot of driving on the freeway and country roads made me really appreciate the smooth and compliant ride of the RAV4 Hybrid. Most bumps and road imperfections are smoothed over. Some credit has to go to the 17-inch wheels on the XLE. Handling is competent as the suspension keeps body motions in check. However, the rubbery steering and low-rolling resistance tires will make drivers think twice about pushing the RAV4 Hybrid.  The low-rolling resistance tires also hamper traction in snow. I could tell when driving in deep snow, the all-wheel drive was working a bit harder to keep the vehicle moving. If you live in a snowy area, I would highly recommend swapping the low-rolling resistance tires for a set of all-seasons or winter tires. At first glance, the RAV4 Hybrid looks like any other RAV4. It is only when you get closer that you will notice the blue-tinted emblems and ‘Hybrid’ badging on the front fenders and tailgate. The interior is much the same as any other RAV4 aside from a different gauge cluster and a button to activate the EV mode. This is ok as the RAV4 is an ok place to sit in with a utilitarian design that puts various controls within easy reach for driver and passenger. Materials are what you would expect to find in a vehicle of this class, a mix of soft and hard-touch plastics. The back seat is still a plus point to the RAV4 as there is plenty of head and legroom for most passengers. Cargo space in the hybrid is about 3 cubic feet smaller than the standard RAV4 due to the battery with the rear seats up or down. Still, the hybrid’s cargo space is one the of the largest in the compact crossover class and I was able to fit luggage for myself and my brother, along with gifts for various relatives with no issue. All RAV4 Hybrids come with Toyota’s Entune infotainment system with a 6.1-inch touchscreen. The system is becoming quite dated in terms of the interface and features - no Apple CarPlay or Android Auto for example. On the upside, Entune is easy to master thanks to a simple layout and physical shortcut buttons to various functions. 2017 saw Toyota make a number of active safety features standard on all RAV4s. That includes radar cruise control, pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, automatic high beams, and lane keep assist. I would like to see blind spot monitoring added to this suite. The 2017 RAV4 Hybrid begins at $29,030 for the base XLE, about $4,000 more than the RAV4 XLE. Taking into consideration the noticeable fuel economy increase and better performance, I would be willing to spend the extra cash. Disclaimer: Toyota Provided the RAV4 Hybrid, Insurance, and One Tank of Gas
      Year: 2017
      Make: Toyota
      Model: RAV4 Hybrid
      Trim: XLE
      Engine: 2.5L Atkinson-Cycle 16-Valve DOHC with Dual VVT-i Four-Cylinder, Two 650V Electric Motors
      Driveline: CVT, AWD
      Horsepower @ RPM: 150 @ 5,700 (Gas), 105 kW (Front Electric Motor), 50 kW (Rear Electric Motor), 194 (Combined Output)
      Torque @ RPM: 152 @ 4,400 (Gas)
      Fuel Economy: City/Highway/Combined - 34/30/32
      Curb Weight: 3,925 lbs
      Location of Manufacture: Obu, Aichi, Japan
      Base Price: $29,030
      As Tested Price: $31,965 (Includes $940.00 Destination Charge)
      Options:
      Convenience Package - $1,905.00
      Tonneau Cover - $90.00

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Despite the popularity of compact crossovers, it seems somewhat odd there isn’t a large number of hybrid variants. In fact, there is only one available, the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid. Going hybrid usually means a hit in performance and cargo space. But in the case of the RAV4 Hybrid, it is quicker than the standard model and cargo space isn’t greatly affected. I spent some time with the RAV4 Hybrid over the holidays where it was driven to Northern Michigan and back. This is what I learned.
      The RAV4 Hybrid’s powertrain is comprised of a 2.5L four-cylinder, three electric motors (one acting as the engine starter and battery charger, the other two drive the wheels and provide AWD), and a Sealed Nickel-Metal Hydride battery pack. Total output is rated at 194 horsepower. Power is routed through a CVT. Fuel economy figures are noticeably better than the RAV4 SE AWD I drove last year - 34 City/30 Highway/32 Combined for the Hybrid vs. 22/29/25 for the standard RAV4. My average for the week landed around 30.7 MPG. I think the average could have been higher if Michigan had not experienced a cold snap where temperatures fell to single digits at times, causing the engine to run longer to keep the vehicle warm. The hybrid also feels slightly quicker than the standard RAV4 thanks to the electric motors providing instantaneous torque when leaving a stop. But merging on to a freeway or passing becomes a bit unpleasant as the engine pegs at high rpms to provide the power needed. This also brings forth a lot of noise from the engine and CVT. Doing a lot of driving on the freeway and country roads made me really appreciate the smooth and compliant ride of the RAV4 Hybrid. Most bumps and road imperfections are smoothed over. Some credit has to go to the 17-inch wheels on the XLE. Handling is competent as the suspension keeps body motions in check. However, the rubbery steering and low-rolling resistance tires will make drivers think twice about pushing the RAV4 Hybrid.  The low-rolling resistance tires also hamper traction in snow. I could tell when driving in deep snow, the all-wheel drive was working a bit harder to keep the vehicle moving. If you live in a snowy area, I would highly recommend swapping the low-rolling resistance tires for a set of all-seasons or winter tires. At first glance, the RAV4 Hybrid looks like any other RAV4. It is only when you get closer that you will notice the blue-tinted emblems and ‘Hybrid’ badging on the front fenders and tailgate. The interior is much the same as any other RAV4 aside from a different gauge cluster and a button to activate the EV mode. This is ok as the RAV4 is an ok place to sit in with a utilitarian design that puts various controls within easy reach for driver and passenger. Materials are what you would expect to find in a vehicle of this class, a mix of soft and hard-touch plastics. The back seat is still a plus point to the RAV4 as there is plenty of head and legroom for most passengers. Cargo space in the hybrid is about 3 cubic feet smaller than the standard RAV4 due to the battery with the rear seats up or down. Still, the hybrid’s cargo space is one the of the largest in the compact crossover class and I was able to fit luggage for myself and my brother, along with gifts for various relatives with no issue. All RAV4 Hybrids come with Toyota’s Entune infotainment system with a 6.1-inch touchscreen. The system is becoming quite dated in terms of the interface and features - no Apple CarPlay or Android Auto for example. On the upside, Entune is easy to master thanks to a simple layout and physical shortcut buttons to various functions. 2017 saw Toyota make a number of active safety features standard on all RAV4s. That includes radar cruise control, pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, automatic high beams, and lane keep assist. I would like to see blind spot monitoring added to this suite. The 2017 RAV4 Hybrid begins at $29,030 for the base XLE, about $4,000 more than the RAV4 XLE. Taking into consideration the noticeable fuel economy increase and better performance, I would be willing to spend the extra cash. Disclaimer: Toyota Provided the RAV4 Hybrid, Insurance, and One Tank of Gas
      Year: 2017
      Make: Toyota
      Model: RAV4 Hybrid
      Trim: XLE
      Engine: 2.5L Atkinson-Cycle 16-Valve DOHC with Dual VVT-i Four-Cylinder, Two 650V Electric Motors
      Driveline: CVT, AWD
      Horsepower @ RPM: 150 @ 5,700 (Gas), 105 kW (Front Electric Motor), 50 kW (Rear Electric Motor), 194 (Combined Output)
      Torque @ RPM: 152 @ 4,400 (Gas)
      Fuel Economy: City/Highway/Combined - 34/30/32
      Curb Weight: 3,925 lbs
      Location of Manufacture: Obu, Aichi, Japan
      Base Price: $29,030
      As Tested Price: $31,965 (Includes $940.00 Destination Charge)
      Options:
      Convenience Package - $1,905.00
      Tonneau Cover - $90.00
    • By William Maley
      The compact crossover arena has become highly competitive in the past couple of years and automakers are pulling all of the stops to draw customers into their showroom. Volkswagen is no exception.
      According to Automotive News, Volkswagen told its dealers that it would be cutting the price on several trims of Tiguan effective immediately. The price cuts are as followed,
      Tiguan S: $600 Tiguan SE: $2,180 Tiguan SEL: $1,460 This brings the base prices down to $25,495 for the S, $27,650 for the SE, and $31,990 for the SEL. Note: These prices are for the FWD models, AWD models will see the same price cut.
      Hinrich Woebcken, CEO of Volkswagen of America told Automotive News that he wants to see Volkswagen become "more of a mass-market automaker in the U.S." To do this, Volkswagen needed to price their vehicles more competitively. Hence why the Tiguan saw a price cut.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

View full article
    • By William Maley
      The compact crossover arena has become highly competitive in the past couple of years and automakers are pulling all of the stops to draw customers into their showroom. Volkswagen is no exception.
      According to Automotive News, Volkswagen told its dealers that it would be cutting the price on several trims of Tiguan effective immediately. The price cuts are as followed,
      Tiguan S: $600 Tiguan SE: $2,180 Tiguan SEL: $1,460 This brings the base prices down to $25,495 for the S, $27,650 for the SE, and $31,990 for the SEL. Note: These prices are for the FWD models, AWD models will see the same price cut.
      Hinrich Woebcken, CEO of Volkswagen of America told Automotive News that he wants to see Volkswagen become "more of a mass-market automaker in the U.S." To do this, Volkswagen needed to price their vehicles more competitively. Hence why the Tiguan saw a price cut.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)
    • By William Maley
      January 3, 2018 , Cherry Hill, N.J. -
      SUBARU OF AMERICA, INC. ANNOUNCES DECEMBER 2017 AS BEST-EVER SALES MONTH; SETS BEST-EVER YEARLY SALES RECORD
      Best December ever - monthly sales increase 5.4 percent over December 2016 73 consecutive months of yearly month-over-month growth Best December ever for Crosstrek and Impreza Best year ever for Outback, Impreza and Crosstrek 46 consecutive months of more than 10,000 Outbacks sold 53 consecutive months of more than 10,000 Foresters sold 10 consecutive months of 50,000+ vehicle sales Subaru of America, Inc. today reported record-breaking sales of 647,956 vehicles for the 2017 calendar year; an increase of 5.4 percent over the previous annual record of 615,132 vehicles set in 2016. This is the ninth consecutive year of record sales for Subaru of America and tenth consecutive year of sales increases.
      The December sales total of 63,342 vehicles marks the automaker’s best-ever sales month, topping the previous best month of August 2017 (63,215). December also marks the tenth consecutive month of 50,000+ vehicle sales for the company.
      In 2017, Outback, Impreza and Crosstrek sales were notably strong as each achieved new annual sales records. Outback and Impreza finished the year with sales of 188,886 and 86,043, up 3.3 percent and 55.8 percent, respectively. Crosstrek, all-new for 2018, added 110,138 sales to the year-end total, while the Forester achieved 177,563 sales in 2017. Legacy added 49,837 annual sales. On the performance side, the automaker’s WRX and STI models achieved annual sales of 31,358.
      “We closed 2017 with our ninth consecutive year of record sales and our tenth consecutive year of sales increases which underscores the successful growth the Subaru brand has enjoyed over this time,” said Thomas J. Doll, president and COO of Subaru of America, Inc. “Since 2008, our franchise has grown at a compound annual growth rate of about 15 percent per year and we have to thank our dedicated retailers, distributors, Subaru Corporation, as well as our passionate colleagues for their commitment in making these record breaking results possible.”
      “December represented the best month ever for Subaru of America, capping off the best year in the company’s 50-year history, in both sales and market share,” said Jeff Walters, senior vice president of sales. “Subaru is well positioned to continue its success into 2018 with the all-new 3-row Ascent and an upcoming hybrid coming later this year,” added Walters.
      Carline
      Dec-17
      Dec-16
      % Chg
      Dec-17
      Dec-16
      % Chg

MTD
      MTD
      MTD
      YTD
      YTD