Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

A msg from Ron Zarella

I just received an e-mail from Bausch and Lomb. If you've been following the news, you'll probably know that Bausch and Lomb sells a contact-lens solution called "Renu MoistureLoc". This product has been possibly linked to a rare eye infection (Fusarium keratitis) - which has caused them to recall (and stop producing) the product. Why is this interesting on a car forum? Their CEO is Ronald L. Zarrella. Here's his message in case you are interested:

http://www.bausch.com/us/vision/about/news..._15_recall.html

Zarella was GM's president of North American operations from 1994 - 2001(?). I know he started at B&L in 2001 and that the press had discovered a 10-year old "resume error" that caused B&L stock to drop in the year after his hiring. Problems seem to follow Zarella around... imagine that.

There are plenty of those kinds of people around who move from company to company, killing them every time. The strange thing is these company's boards keep hiring them, and doing so without some kind of performance mandate whereby the company is better when they leave it than when they arrive or else they get nothing but their base salary. Stupidity abounds.

Zarella was GM's president of North American operations from 1994 - 2001(?).  I know he started at B&L in 2001 and that the press had discovered a 10-year old "resume error" that caused B&L stock to drop in the year after his hiring.  Problems seem to follow Zarella around... imagine that.

Zarella is presently featured in a TV commercial, offering some sort of apology from Bausch & Lomb. (I don't care enough about it to recall the details, just thinking, "Hey, that's one of the fools that sent GM down the wrong path.")

Fu&k Ron Zarella, after waht I read about him in this

month's issue of MT Classic I'd like to slap him in the

face. He's a Bean-counting moron who helped get

GM into the bind they're in now by insisting on more

cookie cutter FWD 4drs & weeding out any originality.

Yup, he was on my local news the other day-was right by Bausch and Lomb headquarters today...small world, huh?