William Maley

Fiat News: FCA Expects EPA Will Certify 2017 MY Diesels Soon

A few weeks after the EPA accused Fiat Chrysler Automobiles of violating the Clean Air Act with the 3.0L EcoDiesel V6, CEO Sergio Marchionne said they hope to resolve this issue very soon.

The Detroit Free Press reports FCA has been in discussions with the EPA and California Air Resources Board over this issue. Part of those discussions includes a possible fix - reflash the EcoDiesel's ECU to make them legal.

“I think discussions are proceeding well, and I think they are a confirmation of the, certainly the goodwill that’s been established with the regulatory agencies now for a number of years, and it's something I expect that will continue," said Marchionne.

Marchionne also said the Justice Department is assisting the EPA in their investigation, something we first reported in the rumorpile last month .

Source: Detroit Free Press

View full article

FCA needs to be hit as hard as VW was. Make them pay for that BS cheating!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FordCosworth said:

That would bankrupt FCA and speed up dying company's approaching death

Agree, at this point in time, kill off FCA, Let a well backed investment team scoop up the company, killing off the stupid products and clean house to those that should be kept.

At this point in time, not sure if it is worth keeping Fiat/Alfa alive in the US. Also Chrysler with only 1 product a minivan, might as well be killed off. Put the Minivan into Dodge and focus the new company as DJR. A car company, a SUV company and a Truck company all in one dealership. Close down the excessive dealerships and clean up.

• Upvote 1

Huge difference here as VW purposely put software in to cheat and FCA did not.  There was no fix for the VW and apparently it is possible with the ecodiesel.  HUGE difference here. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 69 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      We noticed there was something missing in the press release of the 2019 Ram 2500 and 3500 HD trucks, a launch date. Sitting on the media room on Monday, both Drew and I found it a bit odd there was no mention of a launch window. Most automakers give a possible idea of when their upcoming vehicle will launch, but nothing from Ram Trucks. We may have the answer as to why.
      Bloomberg is reporting that the Ram 3500 HD is awaiting emissions certification from the EPA to be approved before it can go on sale. One problem; the U.S. government is currently shut down and leaves the 3500 HD certification, along with other vehicles in limbo.
      “I am concerned, very concerned, because if it continues, it will have an impact on the launch. The earlier that it can be resolved, clearly the better, and obviously I’m not the only person saying that,” said FCA CEO Mike Manley.
      Ram has been riding an impressive sales momentum throughout 2018 and outsold the Chevrolet Silverado in fourth quarter sales to place behind the Ford F-Series. This pain inflicted by the shutdown could hurt Ram in terms of 2019 sales. 
      Source: Bloomberg

View full article
    • By William Maley
      We noticed there was something missing in the press release of the 2019 Ram 2500 and 3500 HD trucks, a launch date. Sitting on the media room on Monday, both Drew and I found it a bit odd there was no mention of a launch window. Most automakers give a possible idea of when their upcoming vehicle will launch, but nothing from Ram Trucks. We may have the answer as to why.
      Bloomberg is reporting that the Ram 3500 HD is awaiting emissions certification from the EPA to be approved before it can go on sale. One problem; the U.S. government is currently shut down and leaves the 3500 HD certification, along with other vehicles in limbo.
      “I am concerned, very concerned, because if it continues, it will have an impact on the launch. The earlier that it can be resolved, clearly the better, and obviously I’m not the only person saying that,” said FCA CEO Mike Manley.
      Ram has been riding an impressive sales momentum throughout 2018 and outsold the Chevrolet Silverado in fourth quarter sales to place behind the Ford F-Series. This pain inflicted by the shutdown could hurt Ram in terms of 2019 sales. 
      Source: Bloomberg
    • By William Maley
      Back in October, the rumorpile brought to light plans at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles for a new straight-six engine to replace the Pentastar V6. This engine would be based on the new four-cylinder Global Medium Engine (GME) currently used in the Alfa Romeo Giulia and Jeep Wrangler. Max displacement is expected to be around 2.9L due to European taxes. We have some new details on this engine.
      Allpar is reporting this engine is likely not going to be based on GME due to size concerns. Instead, it will be a new design that will be featuring small bores that are closely spaced, and aluminum hardening instead of steel cylinder linings. The goal is to have the engine be three-inches longer than the 2.4L four-cylinder at most. 
      The engine is also being designed with turbocharging, with plans to have it either match or exceed the output of the 5.7L HEMI V8. Its speculated that Jeep and Ram models would use a twin-scroll setup, while Alfa Romeo and Maserati models will use a twin-turbo setup. A set of Ferrari-designed heads are expected to appear on Alfa Romeo and Maserati models.
      Allpar speculates this engine could appear in the upcoming Wagoneer or the next-generation Grand Cherokee, putting a possible timeframe of 2020 or 2021.
      Source: Allpar

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Back in October, the rumorpile brought to light plans at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles for a new straight-six engine to replace the Pentastar V6. This engine would be based on the new four-cylinder Global Medium Engine (GME) currently used in the Alfa Romeo Giulia and Jeep Wrangler. Max displacement is expected to be around 2.9L due to European taxes. We have some new details on this engine.
      Allpar is reporting this engine is likely not going to be based on GME due to size concerns. Instead, it will be a new design that will be featuring small bores that are closely spaced, and aluminum hardening instead of steel cylinder linings. The goal is to have the engine be three-inches longer than the 2.4L four-cylinder at most. 
      The engine is also being designed with turbocharging, with plans to have it either match or exceed the output of the 5.7L HEMI V8. Its speculated that Jeep and Ram models would use a twin-scroll setup, while Alfa Romeo and Maserati models will use a twin-turbo setup. A set of Ferrari-designed heads are expected to appear on Alfa Romeo and Maserati models.
      Allpar speculates this engine could appear in the upcoming Wagoneer or the next-generation Grand Cherokee, putting a possible timeframe of 2020 or 2021.
      Source: Allpar
  • My Clubs