Cadillac announces XT4 Crossover (not XT3) in Geneva

“As our brand expands, it will do so based on a strong foundation of product substance. The Escala Concept is indicative of that substance.  It is the prototype for our ongoing product offensive, containing key aspects that will characterize our designs going forward”, said Johan de Nysschen, President, Cadillac.

“Escala is a concept with two clear objectives,” de Nysschen continued.

“First, Escala is a statement of intent for the next iteration of the Cadillac design language, and also technical concepts in development for future Cadillac models. Secondly, Escala builds Cadillac’s aspirational character, signaling the brand’s return to the pinnacle of premium.

Escala is designed to be both a chauffeured driven vehicle that you would also passionately want to drive yourself. It features an expansive liftback design emphasizing the car’s considerable scale and versatility. At 5347 mm in overall length, Escala is roughly 150 mm longer than today’s CT6.

“This concept shares how Cadillac will bring forward a new experience that is uniquely American, and unmistakably Cadillac,” says Malcolm Ward, director of Cadillac Design’s exterior studio. “The interior is about precision and ingenuity in craftsmanship, and the artistic integration of technology. The Escala interior also foreshadows our design approach – carrying through the exterior themes of confidence, simplicity, and an economy of line work”, Ward emphasizes.

Cadillac ‘s best selling model around the globe, the XT5, is the first in a growing family of premium crossovers. Johan de Nysschen announced at the Geneva motor show:  “A new compact crossover called XT4 will debut in 2018 in the US and subsequently in Europe, with an entirely new series of efficient and powerful engines. Starting with the launch of XT4, a new Cadillac will be brought to market every six months, a total of five carlines in the space of two years.”

Cadillac Press

Cadillac-Escala-Concept-305609.jpg

Love the car but 6 inches is not that big of a deal to me in length. Hopefully the interior is able to make better use of the leg room as the CT6 as much as I love the auto is tight in the back seat for leg room to me. But then pretty much everything car wise is tight for me even my beloved V series.

XT4 :huh:

I wonder about this and hope they truly size the actual CUV properly and do not end up having to do an XT4.5.

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

210.5-in overall is finally getting up to where a top Cadillac sedan should be. 
And google says it's 76.7-in wide… I hope that's body width and not mirror width. 
Get these foundational dimensions right and build from there.

Shoot. After sittin in a CT6.. both driving and passenger in rear.. if the CT8 is 6 inches larger.. a person will be able to full on cage match in there