Lincoln Continental Sales on the Rise

2017-lincoln-continental.jpg

Thanks to the new Lincoln Continental turning heads everywhere it goes, along with offering a truly impressive luxury experience, it’s earned a second place spot amongst full-size premium luxury sedan sales in the United States. As always, Mercedes-Benz tops the list with 1,275 units sold. Ford’s Lincoln Continental comes in at a fairly close second with 1,061 units sold.  Next up comes GM’s Cadillac CT6 selling 1,001 units. Following Cadillac is BMW’s 7-Series with 524 sales. The Volvo S90 sold 473 times. The new Genesis Motors brand’s G90 sold 397 units. The Lexus LS only sold 317. Even less than that, the Audi A8/S8 sold 216 units of the full-size premium luxury sedan.

Apparently, people in America have had their eyes opened by the impressive new products coming from both General Motors and the Ford Motor Company. Unfortunately for Lexus, the stale, old drivetrain in the otherwise excellent LS460 has been having a lot of trouble interesting buyers in the United States. The Mercedes-Benz S-Class never seems to have trouble but the Bavarian company must be concerned about the future of both the Lincoln and Cadillac as more and more people see their latest achievement on the road in their impressive stances. Read more...

• Agree 1

The problem is the huge price disparities between the models mentioned.  The 7-series and S90 may be close in volume, but the 7-series is a good $30k more expensive.  The Continental has the lowest base price I believe (without checking and two whiskeys in for the night)

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

The problem is the huge price disparities between the models mentioned.  The 7-series and S90 may be close in volume, but the 7-series is a good $30k more expensive.  The Continental has the lowest base price I believe (without checking and two whiskeys in for the night)

I agree that the price disparity may be holding the Continental back some.

But, if and unless Lincoln builds another Town Car like sedan, the Continental is trying to be all to the most people it can be.  

I don't know if it will work, but hopefully it can shoulder the load because I really really like the Conti.... a lot!  And I do hope it is successful enough to spawn a larger and even more audacious American luxury car (like a new Town Car).

But, I have seen both the new Continental and CT6 and I will have to say that the Euro's and Japanese makers have something to e nervous about!

9 hours ago, lengnert said:

I agree that the price disparity may be holding the Continental back some.

But, if and unless Lincoln builds another Town Car like sedan, the Continental is trying to be all to the most people it can be.  

I don't know if it will work, but hopefully it can shoulder the load because I really really like the Conti.... a lot!  And I do hope it is successful enough to spawn a larger and even more audacious American luxury car (like a new Town Car).

But, I have seen both the new Continental and CT6 and I will have to say that the Euro's and Japanese makers have something to e nervous about!

Competition is a good thing, and Lexus better start bringing their a game or they will be in trouble.

• Agree 2