Mitsubishi Converts their 100 Year Old Model A to PHEV

David

Mitsubishi Converts their 100 Year Old Model A to PHEV

This is what you get when you take a 100 year old auto and update it to fit on top of your 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV chassis and powertrain. Amazing but the company says moving forward with superior technology is what the auto industry is all about. They hired West Coast Customs to take their 100 year old auto and modernize it.

They have a very cool new site that covers their history at Mitsubishi and the changes of this project as part of their 100 year celebration.

Mitsubishi Re-Model A web site

They have a great history timeline with pictures of this conversion.

56 minutes ago, balthazar said:

I've seen golf carts with better bodies (NO; that's not a comment on the EV propulsion).
WCC are complete hacks, and if that's the end result, it's embarassingly gruesome.

I agree that cutting up the original auto to fit on a modern day PHEV platform gives it a golf cart look of plump fatness and they could not even keep the spare tire on the side matching to the new rubber. Just seems really weird. But hey, Mitsubishi gets press and discussions on their pet project.

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

WCC are complete hacks

Or it could be a Related imagething. Hey Jersey Boy? A little jealous are we of our West Coast cousins?

Just kidding around. Yeah....that is horrible.

I used to dig what they did, but I heard about some horror stories that has made me think twice about their...um...credibility and workmanship. 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1