January Car Spotter

Saw a New NV2000 Nissan van that had already been hit in the back. Pathetic as it did not even have it's license plate yet, only the temp paper one in the rear window.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw perhaps the rustiest Ford Bronco I've ever seen yesterday..was sitting at a gas station, snow plow blade on the front...'78-79 style, blue and silver two tone.  There were pretty much nothing left of the rear quarter panels--nothing but inner panels from the doors back to the taillights. Rocker panels gone.  Door lower areas rusted through. 

3 hours ago, balthazar said:

Seen on the internet, not in person, but these threads need more pics :

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 7.55.52 PM.png

Looks like a Death Race Vehicle or maybe something for Mad Max! :P 

HomeProjectRaceCar.jpg

Local home race project inspired by the 1981 movie "The Last Chase" staring Lee Majors

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082642/

LOL amazing what people try to replicate from a movie. :P 

I did see a brand new Tesla X at the pass today they had the trailer hitch and had one of those multi ski/snowboard racks attached. Father with a family up for the day. Did pretty well in the snow. Should have snapped a pic, but was getting dressed for the day myself.

2 hours ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

^^ interesting..had never heard of that movie, googled it, the stills of the car from the movie look like a Porsche 917/30. 

lastchase258np.2650.jpg

Was a fun movie to watch, if you can find it, watch it as it does hit on the culture of the auto world in California. Cheesy like all old movies of the time, but was very cool still.

I was going down the freeway and a beautiful burgundy apparition came my way.  It was a '92-ish Buick Riviera coupe in near perfect condition.  It was being driven by a studious looking bespectacled African-American guy.  As I drove next to it, I could see that it had the burgundy leather interior.  It had whitewalls and what I recall might have been the stock alloy wheels with the thin vanes radiating out from the center.  He seemed very proud of this fine sled.

He was in the fast lane, so he pulled forward with the flow of traffic.  That rendition of the Riviera with the somewhat upright but curved back lite offers up a beautiful rear 3/4 view.  That's it's best angle.

However, when everything is taken together - the front fascia, the dash, and right down to the trestle shaped shifter - I'm more of a sucker for the Toronado that ran alongside the Riviera in those same years.

• Like 1