• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

dfelt

Jaguar Vector Racing sets new Electric Boat Speed Record

88.61 MPH might not seem like fast or very exciting, but for a boat flying over water and going 12 mph faster than the previous record, a fast electric boat is amazing to see. Nice sound, faster than most.

Full story can be read here: http://www.thedrive.com/tech/21587/jaguar-breaks-world-electric-boat-speed-record

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      While the spotlight has been on crossovers and their upcoming EV, Jaguar is still committed to building sports cars.
      “The F-Type has been a huge success. We love sports cars – and I use the plural quite deliberately. Whether that is delivered by a body variant or something else remains to be seen, but for now let’s just say that the body type is very important for us,” said Hanno Kirner, the person overseeing product strategy at Jaguar Land Rover.
      Emphasis mine. Jaguar only has one sports car at the moment - the F-Type. But according to Autocar, a second coupe being the successor to the XK (departed Jaguar's lineup in 2014). Some of their evidence comes from comments made by Jaguar’s head of design, Ian Callum last year.
      “I want a two-seater [the F-Type] and a 2+2. We’re working on something now. There’s nothing approved, but we instigate in design.”
      Reportedly, Callum's team completed a design concept for an XK replacement but was scrapped when Jaguar killed the XK.
      Autocar says this new successor to the XK isn't expected until after 2021. Part of this comes down to a new modular platform that is currently being worked on and will debut on the next-generation F-Type - due in 2019. This new platform is reportedly flexible enough to do a 2+2 coupe. Jaguar's Ingenium engine family will provide power for both models and expect some hot versions, including an SVR variant down the road. There is also talk about electrification, but that appears to be a long way out.
      Source: Autocar

View full article
    • By William Maley
      While the spotlight has been on crossovers and their upcoming EV, Jaguar is still committed to building sports cars.
      “The F-Type has been a huge success. We love sports cars – and I use the plural quite deliberately. Whether that is delivered by a body variant or something else remains to be seen, but for now let’s just say that the body type is very important for us,” said Hanno Kirner, the person overseeing product strategy at Jaguar Land Rover.
      Emphasis mine. Jaguar only has one sports car at the moment - the F-Type. But according to Autocar, a second coupe being the successor to the XK (departed Jaguar's lineup in 2014). Some of their evidence comes from comments made by Jaguar’s head of design, Ian Callum last year.
      “I want a two-seater [the F-Type] and a 2+2. We’re working on something now. There’s nothing approved, but we instigate in design.”
      Reportedly, Callum's team completed a design concept for an XK replacement but was scrapped when Jaguar killed the XK.
      Autocar says this new successor to the XK isn't expected until after 2021. Part of this comes down to a new modular platform that is currently being worked on and will debut on the next-generation F-Type - due in 2019. This new platform is reportedly flexible enough to do a 2+2 coupe. Jaguar's Ingenium engine family will provide power for both models and expect some hot versions, including an SVR variant down the road. There is also talk about electrification, but that appears to be a long way out.
    • By dfelt
      Green car report was able to go to New Jersey and at Jaguars North America HQ get to drive the I-Pace and see what it is all about. I will say this is very exciting as they say it has the interior space of their full size XJ sedan. Good read.
      https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1116036_2019-jaguar-i-pace-brief-first-drive-of-all-electric-luxury-crossover
    • By William Maley
      Jaguar is possibly working on another crossover, one to take on the likes of the Porsche Cayenne and BMW X5.
      Autocar reports that Jaguar is planning a flagship crossover to not only build on the massive success of their current crossovers (F-Pace and E-Pace), but also to attract wealthy customers, especially in China.
      Reportedly named J-Pace, the crossover will debut a new design language that is currently being worked on by design director Ian Callum. Underpinning the model will be the aluminum architecture used in the Range Rover. For the J-Pace, the architecture will be made slightly longer and wider. It will also sit lower for better on-road behavior. Also coming from the Range Rover will be a number of powertrains, including a plug-in hybrid. 
      The model is expected to launch in 2021.

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Seeing the R on a Jaguar model means one thing, high performance. But the launch of Jaguar Land Rover's Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) and SVR high-performance models is causing some confusion. 
      “We have found F-Type R and F-Type SVR kind of compete against each other. The truth of the matter is that F-Type R is a great car and, in some respects, SVR has a challenging time because the R is such a good car in the first place,” said Wayne Burgess, Jaguar SVO design director to Auto Express.
      “To be completely honest Jaguar is a fairly small brand and probably in reality there is not enough room in each model line to have an R and an SVR.”
      Burgess' comments hint that Jaguar could be dropping their R lineup in an effort to reduce confusion and allow SVR models “to shine”. 
      “We would rather have a genuine SVR halo in the line-up and then jump an R model – that is better way of doing things. In a model line that doesn’t have an R, it can allow SVR to really shine.
      We're beginning to see this idea take root. At last week's New York Auto Show, Jaguar unveiled the F-Pace SVR with a supercharged V8 producing 542 horsepower.
      Source: Auto Express

View full article
  • My Clubs