NON Z06 427 CORVETTE?

Why not offer the LS7 in a detuned form as an option on the base steal framed VETTE positioned between the LS2 and the Z06 models. It could be called the 427 CORVETTE like the historical ones even though its actually 428CI's. With 475 or so HP and the heaver steal frame in NON Z06 spec it would differ enough from that HIGH PERFORMANCE model in both cost and performance. This is something I WOULD LOVE TO SEE! 8) A new 475HP 427 NEW GEN CAMARO to go with it! :)

The regular Vette really isn't fit to handle all the power of the LS7, which is why there isn't a mid-level offering. There really wouldn't be much reason to buy the proposed 427 Corvette because it wouldn't be much cheaper than the Z06 most likely.

The regular Vette really isn't fit to handle all the power of the LS7, which is why there isn't a mid-level offering. There really wouldn't be much reason to buy the proposed 427 Corvette because it wouldn't be much cheaper than the Z06 most likely.

I see your point on cost difference but there are many tuners who are getting ALOT more power out of the BASE VETTE with its BASE SUSPENSION/BREAKS SETUP then the Z06 offers. I dont see a problem there with 75 or so more HP and 80 or so more FT,LB of Torque. And the cost would be only that of an ENGINE OPTION and not the differing ALUMINUM FRAME/BIGGER BREAKS ECT. I think there is room for a THREE LEVEL VETTE LINEUP and the 427 CORVETTE middel model. :wink: Edited by Carguy

This is where the LS3 comes in...

all you would need to do, is stroke it out when the LS3 comes out... to get up to 427... but i think realistically the LS3 when it comes out, will probably be around 450-475hp base... being a 6.0

so whats the point of making it a 7L?