Pontiac - New Model Arrival

Posted ImageThe 2006 Pontiac Pursuit GT coupe is at the dealership. I looked at it up close and personal. I have to say it looks very sharp. It's tailights have a large chunky round housing within the red lenses....rear looks especially good.

It has the 2.4 litre engine, rated at 171 hp and the interior is essentially the same as the Chevy version. There are no plans to offer a supercharged one...odd when Pontiac is supposed to be the performance division. Again Pontiac has so many contradictions with it's image.

I asked for a brochure. They didn't have them yet...huh?.....GM does not have the coordination set up to have the brochures there prior to the new model's arrival?! They had the car in the showroom and no brochures from GM.

If the Cobalt SS didn't exist with its great motor, and I were choosing between this and the Cobalt, I would buy this.

Posted Image Edited by HarleyEarl

It has the 2.4 litre engine, rated at 171 hp and the interior is essentially the same as the Chevy version. There are no plans to offer a supercharged one...odd when Pontiac is supposed to be the performance division. Again Pontiac has so many contradictions with it's image.

That's Canada for ya...

Well, it shouldn't be common. It's a simple thing to have available. They had no tangible information on a car they were selling. GM has to get it's dealers wised up in selling their cars and have the information available to them. How many sales do they lose with this nonsence? Edited by HarleyEarl

Well, it shouldn't be common. It's a simple thing to have available.  They had no tangible information on a car they were selling.  GM has to get it's dealers wised up in selling their cars and have the information available to them.  How many sales do they loose with this nonsence?

[post="11127"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

totally agree with ya. I wonder what the reason is? I am waiting to get an 06 Cobalt brochure--for my 06 Cobalt SS that I bought.

GM Canadas website is the same story. Very messed up and precious little 06 info.

I went to look at the 06 Sonatas and it was the same story! But how come no one can spell lose?? :P Edited by avro206

Yes it would... The Pursuit is nearly identical in every way to the Cobalt. The Sunfire coupe was different enough from the Cavalier coupe to tell the difference between them. I think the only shared body panels were the doors and the roof. All the rest were different. Same with the interior, it was almost completely different.

For many years, the Sunbird was almost identical to it's brother the Cavalier. The latest generation, yes, they were more distinctive from each other. The Pursuit would do respectable business in the US. There are many who are used to having this type of car at the Pontiac dealership in this price range. They won't do a complete new body for this car, so it may as well be this one.

But even the Sunbird had more differences from it's Chevy twin than the Pursuit. I mean, other than grill, badges, and the taillights on the coupe... It's a Cobalt. Even the wheels, from what I've seen, are the same. With the Sunbird came a different front fascia and on earlier models all front body panels, rear taillights, cladding, wheels, and even interior.

But even the Sunbird had more differences from it's Chevy twin than the Pursuit. I mean, other than grill, badges, and the taillights on the coupe... It's a Cobalt. Even the wheels, from what I've seen, are the same. With the Sunbird came a different front fascia and on earlier models all front body panels, rear taillights, cladding, wheels, and even interior.

[post="11392"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

wheels are unique

totally agree with ya. I wonder what the reason is? I am waiting to get an 06 Cobalt brochure--for my 06 Cobalt SS that I bought.

GM Canadas website is the same story. Very messed up and precious little 06 info.

I went to look at the 06 Sonatas and it was the same story! But how come no one can spell lose?? :P

[post="11135"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

the reason? its simple. since we still have 100 plus units of 2005 iron which we need to sell, thats where the emphasis is. brochures and web info will be abundant in a few weeks i bet.

So, I come into a dealership, the '06 is there in the showroom. I am looking to purchase the '06...the salesman says there is no information available. Am I actually then going to walk over to the '05 and buy it?....I don't think so. It's simple, I will be walking out of the dealership and go to one where they have information on the models they have for sale.