July Car Spotter Action Thread

Came out of the ophthalmologist office and saw 4 black SUVs in a row (my Jeep was the only one there when I went in).  The TrailBlazer on my right was in good shape.

Later at a light saw this faded '65 Riviera and a bright red/white '57 Chevy Bel Air Sports Sedan. 

IMG-5333.jpg

IMG-5335.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Came out of the ophthalmologist office and saw 4 black SUVs in a row (my Jeep was the only one there when I went in).  The TrailBlazer on my right was in good shape.

Later at a light saw this faded '65 Riviera and a bright red/white '57 Chevy Bel Air Sports Sedan. 

IMG-5333.jpg

IMG-5335.jpg

Poor Robert, you really are a week behind in this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, David said:

Poor Robert, you really are a week behind in this.

Yeah, and I realize now I'd already posted in it.  Sometimes threads are hard to find when you want them.   Been a crazy couple of weeks. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Yeah, and I realize now I'd already posted in it.  Sometimes threads are hard to find when you want them.   Been a crazy couple of weeks. 

Wishing you all the best for a more relaxing weekend and work week.

• Agree 2

Spotted July 1:

Regal Gran Sport coupe - somewhere in the '91 to '93 range - a little beat up.  There's a badge up front for a (Series I) 3800 V6 that is obviously chugging along some 30 years later.  Impressive.

KIMG1841.thumb.JPG.b156e9ba683f2bb7efadba2aa716fe62.JPG

KIMG1849.thumb.JPG.b6299b4f92a9f9fbcbb5a32d65642aa2.JPG

I doubt a San Francisco sophisticate who looks somewhat like Jacqueline Bisset is going to be taken by and smiling at a Regal coupe.  But, my hat's off to this car for how nice it looks from the front as it's keeping up with that cable car ... successful design ... they sold a lot of these coupes.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Agree 1

Spotted June 2:

In San Francisco ... in its western half, where they have homes with garages and a LITTLE sliver of extra land around them.

A car to ruin you day:

KIMG2036.thumb.JPG.1dcfe48c8acdd26347b57b5735b8eaab.JPG

A car to make your day:

KIMG2041.thumb.JPG.f9e0a3dbd47d2fb20af8d67100cd1aab.JPG

Incredible ... to the latter.

6 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Nice Vette.  But the first thing I noticed was Costco.  The "Costco lunch" is slowly making a comeback.

Yes, I noticed all the tables have returned even closer together than in the past at my Costco. HARD PASS on sitting close to others and eating. Will take my food to go and stay social distant still. We have WAY TOO MUCH COVID19 infections to even consider touching the free hand outs they are doing or eating next to others especially with so many choosing to NOT get vaccinated.

I will wait till next year some time and let survival of the fittest clear out humanity.

• Agree 2

The uptick in infections is due to the intersection of the delta variant AND people not choosing to vaccinate.  I'm tired of this $h!t fouling up my travel plans.

If a person doesn't want to vaccinate and gets sick, then they only need to look in the mirror and acknowledge of their irrational reverence for the undereducated and unqualified anchors at Fox News.

But, regardless, the day of the true blue "Costco lunch" will return.  I'm holding good thoughts.

• Agree 2

This weekend was a busy one for me, was not able to snap any pictures as I usually like to do, but was surprised as I saw a couple of both new versions of the Bronco regular and Sport. Drove by Dougs Mazda on Hwy 99 here and they were receiving a whole truck load of the uninspiring CX30 CUV. Mostly white and black. Such blah ugly colors. We need a better RAINBOW of colors IMHO.

Went to my office yesterday to meet my team after almost 6 months of working remote...it's a 40 min drive, so I won't be going in often, but maybe once a month or so as needed.   The office is downtown Cuyahoga Falls along the river, lots of nice restaurants and brewpubs nearby.  While walking to lunch, went past the Clifford Mini Auto Museum--going to have to check it out when I have more time.  It's an old gas station and garage that's been made into an automobila museum w/ an Oldsmobile focus--saw a yellow '56 2dr ht and a tan '60 4dr sedan in the bays with the roll up doors open (beautiful summer afternoon).   Saw a sharp aqua '67 GTO roll by... also saw a yellow early 50s MG TC being driven.

Museum:

https://cuyahogafallshistory.com/2013/06/cliffords-mini-auto-museum/

• Agree 1