Comments for Buick President

buickguy

President? Isn't his title "General Manager"? What comment(s) did you send to him?

EDIT: Don't know if they'll use them, but I just sent Mr. Shannon a plea to talk about Buick's future products, rather than Tiger Woods and golf. Each of the four or five posters whose messages were already there at this writing made good points, particularly "Edward Hayes" and "JG." I urge fellow Buick fans to make your thoughts known to Mr. Shannon via the FYI Blog.

Edited by wildcat

what i wrote

"Sir,

I'm only 23, but my first car i had to drive was the 83 regal wagon. That car had been in the family for one year less than it's full life, but I loved it. It was the only car like it anywhere I drove it. It had "quirks" and character by that time. losing it a few years ago in a wreck made me hope to own another buick sometime.

I love to see the lucernce on the road, but was disappointed by what it lacked from the promised 6speed and such.

The lacrosse, i still like to see them on the road, but really hope it can be even better when you release more info for the Super, and the next iteration.

The enclave looks very promising, and I hope it's even bigger of a hit than the 'vous and rainier combined.

Please continue the "Buick renaissance" that started truely with the lucerne, and I feel you do need a vehicle aimed much more at the younger than target buyers, something in more the spirit of the Grand National. I do have hopes that Buick can start creating more vehicles that are very "Buick", a pleasure to drive, and still offer more to bring in new customers and once buick fans.

Thank you and do your best to restore Buick's appeal to more people."

Loki: You made some good points. And I can picture that '83 Regal wagon. I once had an '83 Electra Estate, and boy did I like that car! Thanks for writing, and sharing what you sent.

P.S. They posted my message today -

Mr. Shannon:

I'd like to urge you to please write about Buick's exciting PRODUCTS, not about Tiger Woods and golf. And if you have nothing to write, come up with some exciting products like a small Buick premium crossover or a Buick halo vehicle. Use Buick's heritage (such as great model names including Wildcat) to your advantage, don't forget them! I want to spend some money with Buick soon in the next few years. What have you got to excite me? Stir up my Buick loyalty with a halo vehicle. At least TALK about Buick's future, please. (The Fastlane Blog, as well as various print articles in Automotive news and elsewhere, have discussed the futures for just about every GM make EXCEPT Buick!) The Lucerne may be nice, but it needs more pizzazz. If Buick is niche and premium, just offer the CXS, no base variations. The Enclave is a step or two closer to what a Buick should be, but might you offer something smaller? Not all Buick purchasers care about golf and, if it needs be said, not all (not me!) are over 50 or 55 or 60 or whatever the accepted thinking is. So let's talk future Buick VEHICLES! P.S. - If you need some design ideas, a number of young people on the website cheersandgears.com have, over the last several years, posted better Buick designs than I've seen come out of GM itself. Thank you.

Posted by: wildcat at June 26, 2006 05:17 PM

Loki: You made some good points.  And I can picture that '83 Regal wagon.  I once had an '83 Electra Estate, and boy did I like that car!  Thanks for writing, and sharing what you sent.

Posted by: wildcat at June 26, 2006 05:17 PM

thx, anything specific?

i'd love to fix up a wagon like i had, maybe some ls4 in it, oh and at least a 4 speed :P ... just make it a sleeper or something ;) made tons of memories with it.

mine had the 3.8L (remanufactured) w/ 3speed, what'd yours have?

i read yours on the site, i understand that the way buick's going it would work well being grouped in together w/ gmc and pontiac, but i do hope they fully thought out going the other way and just give them a more well rounded line up, aka a zeta "riviera" (before changing the lucerne over) and something aimed more for an entry vehicle that still fits very well in the buick line up, but i do realize some limits the epII lacrosse will have to deal with. totally agree about talking about product more, but i guess the sponsored golf tournaments seem to come so quickly in succesion :lol:

shortened this post since wildcat's post is above.

Edited by loki

id like to see the return of the Rivera in some form.. hopefully on the zeta platform.

id drop the 3800 V6 from the entire Buick lineup and make the 3.6L dohc V6 as the base engine on the Lucerne.. and the 3.5L V6 would become the base engine on the Lacrosse..

id drop the Rainier..

the Enclave looks good as is..

id like to see the return of the Rivera in some form.. hopefully on the zeta platform.

id drop the 3800 V6 from the entire Buick lineup and make the 3.6L dohc V6 as the base engine on the Lucerne.. and the 3.5L V6 would become the base engine on the Lacrosse..

id drop the Rainier..

the Enclave looks good as is..

the rainer is going away with the 'vous, being replaceed by the enclave, it is official, just fyi.

:)

the 3.5 in the lacrosse, i'd rather see a fully tuned 3.6L opt, but the 3.9L w/ afm be the base engine.

maybe "portholes" on the 3.6L too?